GeForce GTX 980 Ti

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Bear304 wrote:Bez
I think a new screen would be a better upgrade, the system would handle a 1440p screen easily enough

Besides Nvidia's have released all the cards intheir 900 series so the next series might come in a year ;)
Yes I do need a new screen my HP 24" is getting quiet old now but on the other hand it still works perfectly well. :D
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Next year, there will be a GFX card from NVidia with 32Gig of ram.
http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1842
Maybe insane now, but with the larger textures that will be possible with the tiled resources of DX12 maybe not so much.
And we also see more and more things like Ray tracing popping up. That is the technology that is used to render the SFX of Hollywood movies. Just imagine that in real time gaming.
But it is likely that one is a Tesla sucessor for professional use.

@Bez, get a 27 1440p IPS (freesync). Or a curved 31" one like i have. It rocks. :banana-dance:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:Next year, there will be a GFX card from NVidia with 32Gig of ram.
http://tdudrivetime.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1842
Yes that'll be some insane cards :D
@Bez, get a 27 1440p IPS (freesync). Or a curved 31" one like i have. It rocks. :banana-dance:
Or get the 25" Dell U2515H screen i have, it is cheaply priced for an 1440p IPS while offering outstanding build quality and also not being to big at the same time, plus pixel's are closer to together making for a better image 8-)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

HWI has tested a Stock EVGA 980Ti vs an overclocked version.

The EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ ACX 2.0 has a standard 10% OC, compared to the stock version. And it is surprisingly only 20€ more expensive here.

The performance boost is gigantic.

3D MK Firestrike:
Stock: 15141
Superclock: 17044

That is more than 10% performance boost with a 10% OC. Most other benches are around the 5-10%m performance increasement

This single card performs better than my 2x780Ti in SLI :eeek:

And there will be versions that are factory clocked at 1250Mhz... ;)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

And reviewers claim it will reach 1480 mhz, so it is one beastly card 8-)

EVGA is a great brand, i some what regretted not buying a GTX 970 FTW, as i would have had more cooling options as it is a reference board ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, reference boards are good if you want a waterblock for it. But the advanced versions of the big vendors usually have better voltage regulators or other smart features.
And that triple fan design is awesome anyway. I used to have a GTX580 with it and it was a whopping 30 degrees cooler than the reference cooler. For a GTX970 it might even be overkill, as it produces a lot less heat.

The 980Ti is a powerful card, but also a powerhouse. All the heat needs to be transported away. The stock cooler will sound like a Jet engine, especially the overclocked ones. Without an improved cooler design those cards will be loud because of that. The triple-fan or large twin fan solutions will probably rule, like before. But i see a lot of hybrid solutions as well.

There are versions that come factory clocked at 1253Mhz, which is insane. That will be a 25% improvement in benchmarks, if the extra clockspeed translates in a similar performance curve like with the 1100Mhz versions. I would not be surprised to see 3D MK Firestrike values of up to 20.000 for a single 980Ti OC.

And while Nvidia is ruling the charts for the next couple of weeks, AMD/ATI is sharpening the blades. :lol:
To HBM or not HBM, that is the question.

I will try to trade in one of my GTX780Ti for a 980Ti. Let's see what happens :D
EDIT: That did not work out, lol. Figures. :lol:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

MSI wil come with a Hybrid solution as well. And they teamed up with Corsair for the watercooling. Not a bad tag team there.

http://linustechtips.com/main/page/arti ... aterc-r102

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graph ... ics-cards/

"Fastest 980Ti experience out of the box"

It looks like a mount as the NZXT Kraken. With a chip waterblock and passive coolblocks on the VRM and RAM with the stock Nvidia fan blowing cold air over it. Probably with an included 12cm radiator. So EVGA will get some competition. Only their solution is already finished and available soon® and the MSI version will be launched in August. (according to this source)

Nvidia should let the resellers and 3rd party manufacturers do all new releases. Awesome stuff. :2thumbsup:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Interesting, but i think EVGA's hybrid cooler in the best atm ;)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

The Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming graphic card 8-)

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There already have been a couple of excellent versions of the GTX980Ti launched. Including some water cooled specimens.
This card from Zotac is the most extreme so far. It comes with a massive 25% overclock and an extreme 3 fan cooler.

Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP!

Guru3D did some benches with it and it almost hits 18000 in 3D MK. And this is a single graphics card. :eeek:

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/zo ... ew,23.html

Return to “PC”