Nvidia Driver Issues

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

That graph he has with Firestrick benchmark scores is shows Nvidia has alot of hit and mis drivers :shock:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4054

Do NOT install the 364.47 drivers but wait for the 364.51 or use the beta drivers.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4054

Do NOT install the 364.47 drivers but wait for the 364.51 or use the beta drivers.
Yup it is broken, good thing i didn't bother to update the driver yet :P
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverRe ... 9512/en-us

New one seems to be OK

Still makes you wonder how these errors can get into an official release driver in the first place. :roll:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I'm still on ver 361.91 :oops:
Sometimes it pays to be behind, and let the forerunners take the flak. :P
Image Image
Goliath
New Starter
New Starter

Heya! All of a sudden my game crash on startup, "stops working" and i havent installed anything recently, what can cause this? :( Verifying files does nothing..
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Did you update the Nvidia drivers through Gforce Experience?

Latest driver causes troubles with The Crew. Roll back to 368.22

Goliath
New Starter
New Starter

MadManCK wrote:Did you update the Nvidia drivers through Gforce Experience?

Latest driver causes troubles with The Crew. Roll back to 368.22
Aye, that was the error :)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Do NOT update to Nvidia 368.39 Drivers

Not only does this driver mess with The Crew

It also removes some SLI support from existing and new games, including Crew Wild Run.
Nvidia's latest driver update removes the 3 and 4 way sli profile support for Pascal based gpu's. As a side effect, some games that support multi-gpu are now buggy or don't run. These games include, but are not limited to: TheCrew: WildRun, ForzaMotorsport6:Apex, DOOM (single card performance has been said to be much faster than sli after update), Rise of the Tomb Raider, Ashes of the Singularity (DX12 version), DiRT Rally, JustCause3, Battlefield4 (some Nvidia users have seen the "Mantle" option come up in settings), Need For Speed, and ProjectCARS.
So that driver messed up more than it fixed. :roll:

According to my info Nvidia will launch a new WHQL driver at the end of the month (next week?)
Hopefully that will fix all issues with The Crew and will give proper support for the new GTX10xx cards.

:geek:

For now, roll back to the previous drivers.
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverRe ... 2997/en-us

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yea AMD has better drivers than Ncrapia has right now, they suck. Only driver that my system likes right now is 364.72, though it might be a few months old, but atleast it isn't affected by the shitty Pascal driver updates that only seem to bring instability.

And as i don't plan on getting new games anytime soon then i'll just avoid new Nvidia drivers as i don't want to have to uninstall them each time i try them only to be disappointing with them again and again.

Return to “PC”