Nvidia Driver Issues

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Usually when it comes to Nvidia drivers, we all salute them for their game support and stability.

But the last two drivers cause more issues than they should. I get regular CTD in 2D applications. Only in 3D (Games) the performance is excellent. About 10% better performance in games and a noticable better gameplay.

So why are they neglecting other tasks and why is the Driver team not releasing a Hot Fix or update for these issues.
Are they just focussing on ramming out as much FPS in 3D Mark to trample on AMD/ATI?
After the memory scandal, they should be more careful towards the customers. :twocents-02cents:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... reloads/2/

PS calling this a WHQL Driver is ridiculous. It can not even pass a Beta stage.

Rant over
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I reverted to driver 350.12 as i started to get black screens during gameplay as well.

This must be the worst driver they ever released. Funny thing is that the 353.06 does work fine on my GTX970CU Mini.
But it is a mess on the 780Ti. Nvidia's own forum is full of complaints, so are other places on the web. And no hotfix or reaction from them.
It seems the customer support is going down as fast as their prices gone up. :roll:

Embarrassing :angry-tappingfoot:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yeah i have been having a ton of issues with my GTX 970 crashing at the desktop and in games, the driver just quits working... I think AMD has better drivers than Nvidia now....

I also have to use 350.12, anything newer and the graphicscard crashes.

Nvidia needs to step it up BIG TIME :angry-tappingfoot:
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

Bear304 wrote:Yeah i have been having a ton of issues with my GTX 970 crashing at the desktop and in games, the driver just quits working... I think AMD has better drivers than Nvidia now....

I also have to use 350.12, anything newer and the graphicscard crashes.

Nvidia needs to step it up BIG TIME :angry-tappingfoot:
So one rotten driver=better than hundreds of rotten drivers? I don't quite see your logic here.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

ATI/AMD has worse driver support. Their latest update was after 6 months !!
And that is a beta, not a WHQL driver. Last WHQL is still from December last year... :roll:
But that says nothing, regarding the recent Nvidia releases. Calling a driver WHQL certified, where it was not even beta worthy.
Makes you wonder who does those certifications. Probably Nvidia themselves.

Nvidia is much better with driver support, updating with every big release. But recently they are sloppy and only focussing on getting as much FPS as they can in popular benchmarks with their latest TitanX/980Ti cards, neglecting stability and overall performance on older series cards.

Let's see if they come up with a better release this month. Including fixes. :|

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I had no driver issues when i had my XFX HD 7950, but haven't cheaked driver updates from AMD since i got my GTX 970, but aleast my HD 7950 didn't crash on the desktop like Nvidia's drivers seem to do constantly now... So my experience with AMD drivers was good ;)

But atleast we can use the older drivers which run flawlessly, but those are far from optimized for the games that launched after april :(
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I'm on 353.6 and have had no issues from this or previous drivers. :pray:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

And how much have you had time to play :p
Bez