AMD Splitting Up?

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There is a rumor AMD is considering splitting up the company again. This would mean the return of ATI as a GPU manufacturer.
New AMD CEO Lisa Su wants a dramatic change in course and is currently exploring some options.

I think ATI is still a strong brand and it was a mistake to remove that name. AMD should focus on making Intel sweat again with clever technology and smart solutions.
They can still work together on projects like the console chips or share resources with developing HBM solutions.
If ATI wants to be sucessful in the GPU market, they will need a lot of R&D resources to scare Nvidia. That company has taken a lead lately and it will be tough to catch up. Not impossible though.

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

They need each other to much to split up at the moment, so i think this will remain just a rumor, but in the article i read it did say they AMD just very fast to deny it, so it could be they atleast had to considered it for the sake of the stockholders.

If it's true or not, then AMD seems to be on the right course for once it years, they are making highend GPU's and focusing on a new Desktop grade CPU, the 16 core Zen, so i think AMD during what they can at the moment, all be it very slow...
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Article came from Reuters. So there is probably some truth behind it ;)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/ ... KP20150619
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “PC”