AMD Fury

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Fury X pics. It is nice and compact. But the watercool tubes exit at the rear, which is a bit weird. Can be useful for some configurations. An option to make it exit either at the top or at the rear would be awesome.
For lower cases like a HTPC the shown configuration might be a very good solution.

The long road to the release has led to a polished product, so to see, with a backplate and a high end look.

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Cool, looks like the spy pictures of the card was genuine ;)

But can't wait to see the benchmarks :mrgreen:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

2x8 pin connectors. That one needs some serious juice.

Only a couple of days until the official release.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Heh yes indeed, i heard some guy already got a sample and did a review of it, but it then taken down right after, but i can't wait to see what they came up with this time :)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bear304 wrote:, i heard some guy already got a sample and did a review of it:)
Probably the last sample he will ever get from AMD. What an idiot. Just to get some attention. :oops:

This week will finally bring some benchmarks and other reviews. The Fury X will be 980Ti/TitanX fast. So that is good for the competition.
Rumor is they will release a Fury (no X) with less shaders as well.

There will most likely be discussions if more than 4gig of Vram is useful. :mrgreen:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Just seen the AMD press release of the card, and spec's already knew is pretty much true, 4096-bit and 8,6 teraflop etc. and at abit less power.

on june 24th the is being released to the public, so i guess we'll have to wait till then to see the benchmarks, but in the press livestream they were very cocky about the performance of the Fury X, they even went as far as to called it "an overclockers dream" their words. :2thumbsup:

Fury is aircooled and cost 500 USD

Fury is watercooled and cost 550 USD

They also revealed the Fury Nano which is a small form factor cord with 2x performance per watt of the R9 290X, and that's is a tiny card 8-)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The first couple of Benchmarks of the new FuryX show a performance, slightly under the 980Ti, depending on the games.
Some performances are a lot lower. But in Firestrike the FuryX is almost on par with the 980Ti. Higher resolutions bring them closer together.

This makes it an interesting contender, depending on price. Which is similar to the 980Ti. So personal preference will win.

http://nl.hardware.info/reviews/6156/7/ ... eme--ultra

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Concidering the bad AMD driver at the moment then it does pretty good, i think AMD is doing good, but the AIO watercooler is junk, as it's pump has a high pitched sound as you can hear in this video review. (AMD say it will be fixed for consumer boards)

It's to bad Linus Tech got a dead sample of the Fury X.

Alot of reviewers say the R9 Fury Pro, the one the board partners are allowed to play with so it get the aftermarked coolers and power management, it is due in a months time.

Titan X and Fury X 2way SLI / Crossfire scores

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, they gave Linus a dead sample? That is about the worst commercial ever. They did not even test the samples in advance. Really bad.

Most pumps on the cheaper watercooling solutions make some noise. Even some expensive ones. It all depends if you get annoyed by the noise. So it is all about frequencies. Not just the dB.

It looks like a pump/coolblock combo. So it will be hard to add it to an existing waterloop as well.

But i like the size of it. Due to the HBM being close to the processor, it does not need the extra surface the ram modules would normally need. And they made clever use of that with the design.

I think i lean to positive on the AMD FuryX. They just released a beta driver that made the results in pCars possible.
And at least is is a driver that does not make your desktop crash... :roll:

;)

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The new AMD Fury rocks. Not only does it have similar performance to the 980Ti, it is much smaller and has the new HMB memory. Only 4gig of it, but that should be enough to play most modern games.

EK has already made a waterblock for the FuryX. Just looks awesome.

Return to “PC”