Fulysic's PC build

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Hi all it's time for me to upgrade to a new PC and donate my current one to my girlfreind's brother who does not have lots of cash

so far this is the list of important parts some have been ordered some still not released just yet but 4k gaming here we come

NZXT Phantom 820 Full Tower GunMetal ATX Case, Side Panel Window
Intel Core i7 5930K (3.50GHz / 15MB / LGA2011-3 / 6 Core, Fully Unlocked)
Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 Motherboard
2x EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ 6GB Video Card
G.Skill 32GB (4x8GB) PC4-19200 (2400MHz) DDR4
Intel 400GB SSD, 750 Series, PCI Express 3.0 x4, Read up to 2200MB/s, Write up to 900MB/s
EVGA 1000W SuperNOVA P2 Modular Power Supply
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit OEI

The exact price will be kept private but it's not cheap
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Looks good. Get the 980Ti. Especially considering the rest of your setup. ;)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Wow that's a serious pc rig you are planning to build yourself :o

But everything looks good apart from the Corsair H100 GTX and the GTX 980, you i have had that Corsair cooler and it is loud... why not a fully watercooled pc, considering the beastly parts you are ordering ?

And like Mad said get the GTX 980 Ti as it is just an insane card, and you wouldn't have been able to play any games nicely on a single GTX 980, but the 980Ti is just about strong enough to deliver a nice experience playing 4K resolutions.

Btw again, a fully watercooled pc would allow you to OC your pc more and get more out of it considering you live in Australia where it tents to be pretty hot, but you may need another case for that.

Other than that good luck getting the cash together for that beast as those parts and crazy expensive :lol:
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

cash is no issue for me lucky enough, its my home contents insurance which is limiting the build price to around $5000 as that's the max they cover in Australia

looked at water cooling and had it before don't think i can be bothered with constant maintenance water cooling needs i don't mind the noise of the fans

still looking at other coolers as i want one for GPU to but concerned about voiding warranty

Issue with graphics card is availability, Australia gets everything later than everyone else and price is alot higher also for PC components

I will update list later
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

LOL i wish i had that kind of a budget :lol:

Well yeah.. watercooling is time consuming, but also better than CLC coolers, i guess i just have the watercooling bug... But i would get the Corsair H110i GT instead of the H100i GTX if it where me as the as the 110i GTX has a better pump, and is abit quieter, and you would also get better temps using a 280mm vs. the 240mm - provided you have the room in the case for it ;)

Yeah i have heard about the price bump and the long delivery times in Australia, but that's to be expected when it is an island in the Pacific sea.

Btw. i doubt you would have been able to get that Asus GTX 980 Gold edition, as they rare as they only made like 200 of them i think, a GTX 980 ROG would have been more relative :P

But i can't wait to see your build once it is finished :)
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

also forgot x2 in original list

ASUS GTX 980 20th Anniversary Gold Edition --- only one in stock but need two so counts that out

EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ 6GB Video Card ------- this was second option only one in stock

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti G1 GAMING 6GB Video Card ----- they have enough to get two

not really keen on getting parts from all different place's but might have to
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

A single GTX980Ti might be just as fast as 2xGTX980 in SLI. In addition it will support all games and you don't have the SLI issues.

1x980Ti can easily power your Triple Screen Setup 3x1080p. And provide 60fps in most games at those resolutions.

No brainer there. :D

I have the Corsair H110 and it is a very good cooler. The 14cm fans move more air at a lower speed. Even with 36+ degrees here i never got over 72 under load at 4200Mhz OC.

PS If you want to go triple screen 4K, you will need at least 2x980Ti, maybe even 3x, to get decent framerates.
That would be a massive setup btw ;)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

yeah decided to go with twin EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ 6GB Video Card

Hit a brick wall at the moment with the motherboard ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 due to be released next week but has been delayed until September :angry-banghead:

Talking with few place's in USA to try get one bought over main issue is postage cost and DOA risk
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

Everyone here is complaining about not being able to afford this, meanwhile I'm on a 2008 era CPU, 8gb of ram and a GTX 760 :( . Self pity aside, this is a amazing rig however I'd personally go for a single Titan X due to it having more vram making it more futureproof. People said 3gb of vram was fine when the 780TI came out and now that's barely sufficient for 1080p.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Prepsi wrote:I'm on a 2008 era CPU, 8gb of ram and a GTX 760 :(
Everything Core i7 or even the Q6600 (OC) and Q9550 combined with a good graphics card can run most modern games without much effort. I have been thinking about the same CPU as Fulysic, but only use for the hexa-core for me is a little faster video rendering, so i will wait for the Skylake. Besides, like i just mentioned, the Core i7 2700K i run now is more than adequate for all my purposes.

The extra Vram will only become useful when "tiled resources" and large textures within DX12 become common in games. In addition to that, all the game devs will have to make games that run on 2G Vram GFX cards, as that is what most still have in their system. I can run everything at max on 2x780Ti with "just" 3G Vram. So the 6G of the 980Ti is more than enough. And the price difference with the Titan X is huge and completely not justifiable. The EVGA GTX980Ti come standard overclocked and have a very good cooler on it as well.

I think the system Fulysic has mentioned is optimized for price/performance very well. It will rock everything. :music-rockout:

PS I used to work 80H a week. That is where most of the money comes from. Put in the effort and be rewarded. :woot:

Return to “PC”