Fulysic's PC build

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Those special SLI bridges are awesome. But you need indeed to figure out which one to get. I was looking for a special waterbridge from EK for my Mobo and had the same issue. But i did not go for it yet.

There will probably be players in Australia who want those SLI bridges :lol:

Looking forward to more pics of your Battle Station
:text-worthless:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

This PC has SD card reader :2thumbsup: so now I found my camera we should see more picture's from me in future
sorry there so many pictures :D

The build was fun did not encounter to many issue main issue I faced were just my errors such as installing rad first which was smart because with MB in couldn't get rad screws in so that was smart except I forgot to install fans on rad before installing so had to remove it all start again

Downfalls noticed I can only have max of two GPU's due to the cards size it crushes the plugs on MB if you use the last PCI slot and dim slots are to close to CPU as this makes cooling hose touch side of memory if you weird like me and like label's the right way up 8-)

All setup up and ready to begin
SAM_0001.JPG
The Asus deluxe its nice board but dislike PCI slot layout and DIMM layout
SAM_0002.JPG
Case is stripped bare and CPU installation is ready to begin
SAM_0003.JPG
CPU is installed and memory is install note I did not use CPU install tool
SAM_0004.JPG
Radiator is installed but will come back out later after realizing I forgot the fans
SAM_0005.JPG
Noctua fans are installed rather than Fractal fans
SAM_0006.JPG
MOBO is installed along with radiator and fans
SAM_0007.JPG
Pump is fitted along with PSU start basic cable link up for test boot
SAM_0008.JPG
getting messy close to first boot up GPU's are in and CD drive
SAM_0009.JPG
Everything installed and runs well no issue's on all bench marks on Prime 95 torture test CPU reach 76c no higher
SAM_0010.JPG
Start of cable management I definitely need more practice at this one of my weak points but only 3cm of room its tight
SAM_0012.JPG
SAM_0013.JPG
Lights I love lights which is one of reasons I choose this case also installed NZXT HUE on top of the stock case LED it really bright
SAM_0016.JPG
Very happy with final result especially self built
SAM_0017.JPG
SAM_0021.JPG
SAM_0019.JPG
SAM_0020.JPG
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Good to see you could fit the larger 360 radiator in the top. The more cooling surface the better. :occasion-snowman:

Never knew you could get Skylake in 2009. Must be a time travel device as well :D
(I just recently set the date on my camera again)

All those fancy Mobo's have optimized layouts for what they think the average higher end buyer will plug in on it.
So if you want triple SLI you need another board, There are ones that support 4 way SLI/CF. Only way to do it in this one is with single slot coolblocks (watercooling). But there are a limited number of PCIe 3.0 lanes. Better stick with 2xSLI, as everything is optimized for it.

Memory slots are always too close to the CPU but probably need to be there. With big air cool blocks like my Noctua or the Prolimatech, you already need low profile memory modules.

If you really want 4K, there are some options already. Depending if you want a fast TN or a better color IPS. AH-IPS is fast enough these days and has a much better color reproduction than TN screens. Over here prices have dropped to half
But there are other options as well. 3x 1440p is awesome and will rock on your rig.
You can also go exotic and place one 34" ultrawide like i have in the center, and a 1440p at each side next to it, lol. :lol:
Or even more crazy and place 3 of them in a half circle. :eeek:
Sounds crazy, but for each ultrawide 34" 3440x1440p you only need to render half the pixels of a 4K scr.

In the future i will look at ridiculous things like a 5K ultrawide TV. When it is Oled, there is no lag at all.

BTW i tried playing on my Beamer and the 100" 16/9 wide projection screen and it is awesome for controller games. But there is a lot more lag than with a Monitor or a TV with game setting. If you get attacked it will raise some neckhairs for sure. An ultra wide 5K beamer is another option. But than you will need to dedicate a complete room to it. ;)

Right now you will be able to play everything smooth at Ultra settings at 60fps on the triple 1080p screens.
It will rock.

:rightthumbup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Awesome build mate :rightthumbup:
And great photos, I know now that I have built my own desktop PC I would never go back to buying a pre-built one. :geek:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Your build is looking great 8-)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Cable mod as well. We need more close ups from all the dirty details :D

Asus SLI Bridge as temp fix. Good job on cable management.

In regards to air flow management:
Maybe you will need extra air intake to balance the air pressure in the case.
With 4 exit fans (1 case and 3 rad) you might get a bit too much under pressure.
Easy fix is to turn around the rear exit fan as an inlet. :geek:

Return to “PC”