Project BloodyBear (Define S) [PC Build-log]

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I think you should use black tube for the drain :D

Build is coming along nicely :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Thanks for the feedback :)
MadManCK wrote:I think you should use black tube for the drain :D

Build is coming along nicely :party:
I think you are right about the black tubing to keep it stealthy ;)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

And.... We're leak free after 4 hours are testing :D

I filled the beast up with 1 L Mayhem X1 Clear premixed, with i mixed with some about 1,5 L distilled water, and it was i good thing i did as the beast drank a massive 1,2 L coolant as far as i can see, was pretty surprised by that, but then again a those huge radiators can hold alot of coolant, as they are 240 45 mm and 360 60 mm rads, so had to watch about for the backflow when i filled the reservoir, but i has all settled now, but i'm kinda pissed that the D5 PWM pump didn't seem to more a whole lot of water running at stock speed which i think is 20% as it is barely running and is dead silent, so there is still with air left in the loop, could see alot in the GPU block, as the pump didn't have the pressure to push it out when only running on stock speed.

But this some the picture i took of it.
2015-10-11 16.59.01.jpg
2015-10-11 16.59.19.jpg
2015-10-11 18.20.15.jpg
I filled some more in the reservoir up to right below the red line, before i powered it off, and put it in the basement as it's going to be a cold night down to 5*c so didn't want to risk anything though the coolant smelled nicely of liquor, i think they said it made of corn fibers, as basically ethanol, this also explains the 50 to -8*c temp rating ;)

While the loop leak tested i started on the painting, i painted the 5 PCI-E slot covers that i would be needing, and as the red metallic spray only was the 11*c i cut the top of a 1,5 L coke bottle and filled it hot water and put the spray can into it for about 5 min. and it was good to go. These pictures are from from the first paint coat on both sides had dried, i have later giving them one coat on both sides more.
2015-10-11 18.40.13.jpg
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The D5 pump running at a slow speed during filling is a good thing. It should never run dry. Filling up a big loop like you made will take some extra time. The results will be there. It looks bloody damn good.

Looking forward to more pics of the finished results and the first tests. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:The D5 pump running at a slow speed during filling is a good thing. It should never run dry. Filling up a big loop like you made will take some extra time. The results will be there. It looks bloody damn good.

Looking forward to more pics of the finished results and the first tests. :party:
Yes but only 10-20% it just seems to slow, as there is alot of bobbles in the GPU block can not be pushed through as it is running to slow.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Those bubbles will dissappear once you have your system fully filled and up and running.
As soon® as your CPU gets on load mode the PWM controlled pump will get into a higher gear and push those bubbles out. Don't worry about it.

:twocents-02cents:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yes i'm sure of that too ;)

A guy on OCN suggested plugging a 5v wire into the PWM signal to get the pump to run at 100%
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Today i installed the PCI-E slot covers and found a way to make the PWM D5 pump run at 100% speed, as it was only running at 10% before, so now the PC is down the dry-room in the basement and running a 4 hour and counting leak test with the pump running at maximum speed, and everything looks good so far, i think i'm leak free.

But this loop config is only meant to run for a few weeks and then i'll tear the system apart, clean it, installed the new aparts that i got/will be getting in the coming weeks for it, fill it the loop up again and then it is done.

But here is a picture of the PCI-E slot covers installed in the case.
2015-10-12 16.25.09.jpg
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There should be a way to paint those noctua fanblades in the same red color as the slot covers.

Temps must be freezing now :occasion-snowman:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:There should be a way to paint those noctua fanblades in the same red color as the slot covers.

Temps must be freezing now :occasion-snowman:
I don't think you can, not without damaging the fan's bearings etc. so i think i'll keep them as is.

I believe it will take awhile before the GPU and CPU temps sink in, as you know they'll be good with those big radiators :D

Tomorrow i'll rebuild the case, and connect the cables and all and then it's game time 8-)

Return to “PC”