Project BloodyBear (Define S) [PC Build-log]

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

So as the watercooled system has been run for weeks time, i have noticed the some place where i could improve the cooling performance, as the big copper GPU block heats up the water entering the CPU causing higher than could be temps (62*c game load), but i have the idea to change the tubing layout abit.

What than means is that i won't be running the setup like this: [res>pump>GPU>CPU>240rad>360rad>res] but like this to maximize the radiator capacity of the 240rad, so like this: [res>pump>GPU>240rad>CPU>360rad>res] it may not look as nice, but it'll perform better as the the 360rad in the current setup barely is during anything, and the 240rad is extracting the most heat as it is the first radiator.

What are your ideas on this loop change, do you think my theory is right / is it worth during ?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The theory is right as that is how i proposed the loop :ugeek:
For optimal thermal performance it is good to cool the water before entering the CPU.

It doesn't look as nice though and the CPU temperature will only drop a few degrees max. Not worth it IMO, as 62 is a very good number already.

Another thing is to do RES/PUMP-360/60EK-GPU-240/45AC-CPU-RES/PUMP. That way you will max out the coldwater entering the GPU and rest of the loop. But that will look even more messy. From a thermal dymanic point of view it is the optimized setup. And you will need to turn around the EK rad for a better loop than (fittings below). There are always little things you can do to improve the cooling performance of your loop. But with 2 big 360 & 240 rads, temperatures are really not the issue :lol:

Just leave it ike it is. :twocents-02cents:

PS with the radiator mounted with fittings below, the draining has to go there as well. At the lowest part of the loop. You can use a metal T-splitter for that. 8-)
And if you turn around the top radiator as well, the loop might look not so messy. Lots of work and not really needed IMO.
But it can be done and will improve the overall performance of the loop. Only marginally. :mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I think the parallel tube idea you just mentioned would be best, but also not look as good, but if it was hardtubing then it would look great ;)

But i think i'll just move the radiator in front of the cpu, as it is pretty easy to do, lol didn't hear you mentioned that exact config in the planing stage, but well it is happening next times i check the loop, in the few weeks.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The loop i proposed is the same i mentioned in my post above. I does incorporate the radiator between the GPU and CPU. Just to cool down the water a bit before entering the CPU.

But you should consider turning the front EK rad upside down. Just make a drawing of it. The tubing will be shorter than, if you let it run from the pump to the radiator and than to the GPU. That way the GPU will get the coldest water. And the rest of the loop won't look too bad either.
I'm pretty sure you will be able to make it look aesthetically pleasing.

Good luck figuring it all out. But do not expect miracle temperature drops from it. Only marginally better cool performance can be gained. And it is a lot of work redirecting everything.
But if you feel you can squeeze more performance out of it, go ahead. :D

:geek:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Okay i made a drawing of the new concept idea of the loop.
New loop update idea.jpg
The long tube going downwards besides the 360rad is going to be black so it can be stealthy in the background.

Mad, is this what you had in mind ?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Almost. First from the pump to the EK rad and from there to the GPU. That is missing. And it will make the water just a bit colder when it enters the GPU.
But it looks a lot less messy than anticipated.

You can also shorten the exit tube from the CPU by directing it to the top of the res ;)
Maybe with a 90 degree pressure fitting.

And the exit tube from the pump towards the EK rad can be made stealth black. Use the fitting at the back, so the front exit rad one can be red towards the GPU :mrgreen:

By placing the GPU and CPU direct after a rad, you get the optimal performance from your loop.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hmm that could be an interesting setup for sure, i'll look into it.
- - -

I finally got the Supremacy mounting plate and ram heatsinks painted red, and they turned out pretty well, much better than those white ones stock heatsinks that are on the Fury ram. :)
2015-10-26 22.30.12.jpg
2015-10-26 22.31.09.jpg
But the question is should i also paint some of the key angles on the CPU WRM heatsinks next to the CPU, they are black as stock.

Btw the cables also arrived this week, and they look really good, but you'll see them soon enough, as i won't just put the in the system now as it is a pain to route the cables.

Return to “PC”