Project BloodyBear (Define S) [PC Build-log]

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

So Madman has been leaning on me to get me to share my current pc project, which i have name BloodyBear, the comes from when i used to play alot of FPS (First Person Shooter) games like when Call of Duty was good like CoD Modern Warfare 2, names has stuck since, but for racing i mainly use Bear304, no idea why the 304, but apparently it is some lucky numbers Steam picked out for me :P

Well be the build, Antec P183 build i recently made literately fell apart..! The CPU block had some nasty cracks around the fittings bases - which left for a month's time longer could have killed my whole kill, so i'm very relief that i court that in time. But that wasn't the only major issues, my cases frame was also bend in the top, i could have probably repaired it, but that would have been like patching holes in a shell shot ship so i quickly ruled that idea out. And lastly my coolant or tubing in the waterloop had also had some sort of bad mix up as the tubing started to turn pink with time 2-3 months, but that was the last nail in the coffin for the Antec P183 so may it RIP.
2015-09-27 18.29.36.jpg
2015-09-22 16.53.45.jpg
2015-09-07 18.08.02.jpg
So the revival of the Antec P183 failed...

----

So onwards to the next build.

I have chosen the Fractal Design Define S as my case for this build, the Define S is purposely designed with watercooling in mind, so it is pretty much a blank canvas for the builds to build epic watercooling loops in.

I'll use my existing hardware, but only change is the new CPU block i had buy as the other one had cracked, but the new one is a full-nickel version, but you see that one soon enough.

As for the waterloop i'm going with Primochills Bloodshread Red 16/10mm tubing, Mayhems X1 clear premixed coolant.

The way this thread continue to be update is meanly with pictures, the more in-dept write-ups happen over at Overclock.net's case-modding forums, but i'll of cause answer any questions along the way and give the basic explanations of what is happening.

My build-log can be found here:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1575339/proj ... t_24461191
Last edited by Beardroid91 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

So up to now i have been trying to get my radiators installed, i'm using a 360 rad in the front and a 240 rad in the top (with the fans mounted on the out outside).

So here goes:
2015-10-02 17.59.50.jpg
2015-10-05 16.55.31.jpg
2015-10-05 16.55.08.jpg
2015-10-05 19.25.55.jpg
2015-10-05 16.56.27.jpg
More to come once i get there ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Looking good so far. That Fractal Define S is a simple, but smart designed case.
Moving the HDD/SSD to the rear is a clever solution, not new, but good thinking nevertheless.

This makes the total building space clear of obstacles and gives you plenty of room to work with for custom watercool setups.

The 360/60 mm rad is huge. EK has made a monster with that thing and alone it will already be more than capable of cooling your whole system.
Especially with a partially push pull configuration, like in your drawings.

Just be careful with delidding that Devils Canyon. You never know what minions hide under that hood.

:mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

First, looking forward to the build photos. :rightthumbup:

Now down to my question. :mrgreen:
MadManCK wrote:
Just be careful with delidding that Devils Canyon. You never know what minions hide under that hood.
@Bear: are you really considering de-lidding your CPU :eeek: and if so do you think the small gain out ways the risk?
I say this because I have read on some forums that sometimes the speed you gain is very minimal and as you already have a powerful CPU what's the point of taking the risk for that extra power you probably don't even need. :whistle:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote:First, looking forward to the build photos. :rightthumbup:

Now down to my question. :mrgreen:
MadManCK wrote:
@Bear: are you really considering de-lidding your CPU :eeek: and if so do you think the small gain out ways the risk?
I say this because I have read on some forums that sometimes the speed you gain is very minimal and as you already have a powerful CPU what's the point of taking the risk for that extra power you probably don't even need. :whistle:
More to come in the next weeks time ;)

And yes Mad right, i was thinking about delidding my 4790K for thermal benefits as Intel's thermal paste under the heatspreader is utter junk, this why your see you something have a core then is 3-5*c hotter than the rest etc., and with a overkill build a the one i'm making now it be silly not to opt to get the best thermals out of it :D Btw, i dellided my old 4670K cpu too, before i sold it at almost more than the retail resell value as the buyers want this upgrade but are to scared to risk during it, but if i'm careful i should have no problems like last time, but lol was scared as hell when i delided the first cpu :mrgreen:

---

I'm thinking about adding some custom frosted sticker of a bear claw to the plexi glass windows, but need to find a shop who does this sort of thing, also thinking about putting a pictures of a bear claw dripping with blood on the front of the case and have "BloodyBear" written bellow it :D

This one for the window with a light frosting
762-free-designs-bear-paw-tattoo-wallpaper-tattoo-design-1280x1280.jpg
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I did a test fit so here we go 8-)
2015-10-08 16.36.49.jpg
2015-10-08 14.06.11.jpg
2015-10-08 17.00.29.jpg
2015-10-08 16.56.46.jpg
2015-10-08 16.56.25.jpg
2015-10-08 17.08.34.jpg
All the white parts will be painted metallic red ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Those red tubing looks awesome.

:2thumbsup:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

It looks like this is going to be an epic build this time, just hope all goes well. ;)
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote:It looks like this is going to be an epic build this time, just hope all goes well. ;)
Oh yes it will be, i'm about to drop a bombshell on you :mrgreen:

---

I got alot of work done today, the tubing has been routed and all the fittings and blocks and stuff is in the loop and it is ready for leak testing as it sits now, but damn... this case got heavy fast, and there is not even coolant in it yet :lol:

Well lets get on to the pictures, and the parts and mods i have made for it today.

Here is the water temp sensor i had been talking about earlier in the build-log, it is the one XSPC that comes with the T-fitting, it's mount right after pump outlet.
2015-10-10 15.45.42.jpg
But after hooking that up it put alot of strain on the pump/res combo so i ended up finding 2 red zipties and mounted the top of the reservoir to on of the pulling fans on the 360 radiator, it looks pretty good and doesn't look out of place.
2015-10-10 17.45.16.jpg
2015-10-10 17.45.00.jpg
Then i ran into a bit of problem as the red Primochill couldn't bend enough be make this 6 cm 45* downward twisting angled tube going from the 240 rad to the 360 rad, i ended up using some black EK ZMT tubing as it is much more flexible, and i dare you to see you find it in the big picture of the build as it blends very well into the background :P
2015-10-10 16.31.17.jpg
2015-10-10 16.31.33.jpg
With the that tough tube out of the way i moved on to the remaining 'CPU out' and 'res. in' tubes.
2015-10-10 17.46.13.jpg
And as a help to myself when i later i have to drain the loop i put in the very same EK 3 cm extension fitting that nearly killed my Swiftech H220X there with a plug on the end, this allows to easily get air into the loop for much easier draining. And here is a picture of my drain tube, i might replace it with a 13/10 red primochill tube, but i kinda like having a clear tube to better see the water flow.
2015-10-10 17.47.04.jpg
2015-10-10 17.47.38.jpg
And now here is some pictures of the whole system put together 8-)
2015-10-10 17.44.43.jpg
2015-10-10 17.50.47.jpg
And i don't believe i mentioned this in this thread, but i have orded a pro cable sleever called Ensourched customs in the USA to make me some cables, but could only afford the visible cables for the motherboard and the GPU as they are fairly expensive, but then again he does take alot of pride in his work, just look at the cables i have chosen for my build, its the same ones as in the picture 8-)

Of cause i still need to paint the PCI-E slotcovers, new ram heatsink (when i get them) and i'm also thinking about painting the black CPU block mounting plate red to mix it up as the area around the CPU-block has to little red in it.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

It is indeed looking epic, nice work. :2thumbsup:
Image Image

Return to “PC”