AMD Launches Crimson

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Crimson is the new driver software from AMD. The sucessor of the Catalyst series.

They promise more frequent driver updates and faster software.

You can try the new driver software here:

http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations/so ... =RSCE-page

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

It's their answer to Geforce Experience, and to be honest Geforce Experience ran buggy as hell for a very long time before it started to work, and now it runs smoothly, so AMD Graphics has a tough task ahead of them if they want to be able to compete with Nvidia, but both team red and green will no doubt benefit from AMD stepping up its game ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It looks like Crimson has killed a lot of AMD cards, because the Fan profile is not updated properly after installation and has to be manually set at [Auto] to avoid the cards from overheating.

Not the best way to introduce a new driver concept ... :oops:
"We are aware of low fan speed reports on select GPUs with Radeon Software Crimson Edition. We intend to publish a hotfix on Monday."
But what about the users with a fried card? :roll:
And maybe calling it a Hot Fix is inappropriate in this situation? :P

:angry-extinguishflame:

Some post from a Fury/Crimson victim
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

This is why I stick to NVidia. :P
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Damn that's not good :?
Bezrider wrote:This is why I stick to NVidia. :P
Lol Bez have you forgotten the lies from Nvidia's GTX 970, they an't any better, atleast AMD Graphics are up front and admitting their mistake, Nvidia wouldn't have...
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, i had some issues a while back with an Nvidia Beta driver that overheated my GTX280. The fan was stuck at 50% speed, so i never noticed something was wrong with it. These factory fan speed profiles that are focused on "silent" operations can be bad for the lifespan of your graphics card.

This Crimson driver, however, was an official update from ATI/AMD. Not a beta. So i think people with fried cards have their right to get a new one. In addition to that, Guarantee periods in the EU are at least 2 Years for Consumer Electronics (one of the things where the EU actually benefits) and getting a new card should not be an issue. Even if they mention some juridical BS with using new drivers at your own risk.
Sloppy work from AMD that will cost them.
I seriously do not get why they don't test these new drivers properly on all cards.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

AMD has released a Hot Fix for the Crimson fan speed problem.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-article ... otfix.aspx
[82671] Overdrive™ fan speed is reset to Manual on exiting from a 3D game or application
[82766] Radeon Settings does not get upgraded in some install scenarios
[82691] AMD Overdrive™ cannot revert to default settings in some situations
At least they have reacted 8-)

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

They have now released their first WHQL version of Crimson. Just a reminder that it is advisable always to wait for the official release versions of these graphics drivers as the beta's can cause a lot of issues, including ruining your cards.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/d ... ws+10+-+64

Return to “PC”