PC Water Cooling

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have 3 liters of their UV Green "Alien" Fluid. I can do 2 fills with that. After that i will see for replacements. Everything is constantly evolving. EK is currently at the pinnacle of watercooling performance.

As i will most likely simplify my loop a little bit, i might even have enough for at least 2 complete fills. And i can always use destilled/demineralized/deionized water with it, even if they say you should not mix in other fluids. Some friends of me have only destilled water in their loops and change it once every 6-12 months or so and never experienced algea, corrosive tubes, cluttered blocks or anything else.

These pre-mixed wonder fluids are the ones that need maintenance. Lets see if i can get it to work for at least one year without tinkering.
Afterwards i can call in my favorite EK Aliens to do some bloodletting for my refill. :D
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Heh yea i might give it go next i need to change coolant ;)

But like i said, i want to see the reviews of it before anything.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That is a nice loop as well. problem with my case, even with this size, is that it does not have room in the top to mount a rad plus fans underneath. So my rad will go on top in the extension and the fans will be mounted underneath.

Still need to create some room for my multi builds. Boxes keep coming in. It is like a storage facility over here. :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Lol you just sent the Ryzen stuff and EK parts my way :P
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

You know Mad it is not to late to get the EK monoblock for your Crosshairs motherboard, EK just started the preorder for it. ;)

https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-releases-a ... -135294893
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, it even has Aura Sync. :P

I might end up with a complete extra water kit if i order this.
But i have to build a "dry" version first to see if everything works. I still need to flash the rom to the latest firmware version. And a lot of other things to consider. Including back-ups of everything.

Also the intake is positioned on the other side in this configuration. So if i decide to do a full cover block, which looks insane, i have to rethink my loop again.

GPU block goes from left to right.

One thing to take in consideration is the fact that the top is made of acrylic. You need to screw the fittings into the acrylic and i do not like that.

So i might just use what i have now. But it is an awesome option.

Edit, loop config would be a simple Res/Pump-240/60Rad-GPU-CPU/VRM-240/30Rad-Res/Pump. It can be aesthetically pleasing that way.

:think:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Playing some games in today's heat had my coolant see an insane 39*c temperature, so my watercooling system is really not that good, so i think a AIO CLC cooler is looking like a better option. As my whole watercooling bug has been played out for me, and at this point i just see my watercooling system as an ever growing risk and an annoyance.

So not sure if i want to keep running watercooling much longer, but buying a AIO cooler is also expensive.

BTW where is Mad's build ?!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Beardroid91 wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:31 pm where is Mad's build ?!
At this moment in preparation and only in my head. As i have major construction work done on my buildings foundation, there is a lot of dust and disturbance going on for the next couple of months. I also need to get some storage facility to get rid of the many boxes and random stuff that prevents me from creating enough space to do my build. More logistical probs.

Basically the motherboard came way too late. I did have plenty of time before, but don´t have now. And i need at least 2 weeks to get it right. And also the way i wanted to do my dry build will not work as planned.

So i might go straight to building my waterloop. Or use a simple aircooler on the RyZen 1800X, that will limit its perfomance. A dry build is always advised before going big on water.
And despite my careful planning for parts, i probably missed a few 90 degree fittings for the reservoir. :oops:

Only way to make sure is to do a mock up. But for that i do not want disturbance and i have way too much at the moment.

So, my project has been postponed until further notice.

I have done all the prep i need to do. :party:

In regards to your waterloop. It does work fine. So just let it be. Check fittings and tubes for leaks or cluttering. You only need to flush your loop once every 2 years. Or once a year like others advice. Your custom loop still cools a lot better than any AIO will do.
Maybe except the new EK stuff. But that is just as expensive as a simple solution. And you have a D5.

There might be ways to optimize the airflow in your case. As this water temp is generated by the CPU alone, it is a bit on the high side. But it does prove that the CPU block is dissipating heat nicely. So the way to get lower temps is to make the cold air go quicker through the radiator. Especially with this warmer weather. I still do not think 39 degrees is very high.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Lol you could just quit playing Skyrim in the evening and use the time to build it :idea: ;)

But yea it runs fine for now, but for what it is then i think my watercooling parts are abit overkill for my needs as i don't even run my CPU with a OC anymore, yet it still runs into the 65-70*c when i would expect it to be able to run at 55*c considering the massive cooling potential the 420 radiator has, so maybe i just have a bad CPU block, maybe its fin stacks got damaged by a vinegar bath, as the nickel plating also got stained by it.

So alot of questions but only expensive answers.

Return to “PC”