PC Water Cooling

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I did make a detailed plan. But even with that in place, you always run into unexpected `adventures`.

It will work out. But it takes a long time, especially as i have to do work and other stuff at the same time.

Maybe i will do a small additional order with that RGB Led strip and some 90 degree fittings. I forgot these or can not find them. Have to check all boxes anyway for other parts.

90 degree angled fittings come in handy with mounting the reservoir. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Today i mounted the big rad push/pull config and did some research and test fitting for airflow options. Tomorrow i will try to mount the waterblock on the Titan X.
SAM_0622.JPG
SAM_0626.JPG
SAM_0628.JPG
SAM_0629.JPG
SAM_0631.JPG
SAM_0636.JPG
:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Looks really nice with those fans and the fat radiator sandwich 8-) But is there enough stiffness to hold it in place once it is full of water without blending the mounts etc., do you plan on putting some kind of supporting blocks under the radiator to ease the weight of it?

I did the full dust clean up, and now i actually feel up coming out of the top radiator, before barely any up made it out, and it is blowing nicely, big fin count radiators has their disadvantages, but do offer best heat traffer when there isn't a dust build up on them.

Also blasted my 1070 FTW with the air gun, so should be a colder, but idle seems to be the same though.

But the system is nice and clean now and is looking alot better.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

These mounting rails are made of steel. But i do see the point.
I have some unimounts as well. But they do not fit with the short bolts.
If the structure appears to be too fragile, i can always slide some foam underneath the radiator. It is a very crampy workspace. One of the reasons why i pre assembled everything outside of the case. It will be around 2 kilo hanging from 4 bolts when ready. But there is no pre made mounting mechanism there. The bolts i will use to tighten the rad to the frame have springs fitted on them. So there is always a little play on purpose. I do not expect serious issues, unless the case drops on the ground :lol:

I will mount the top radiator with only 4 bolts as well, but that one rests on top of the case in the extention. No need for extra support there.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I guess time will tell if it is strong enough ;)

Lol the dust clean up dropped my watertemp quite a bit, so now the water is about 1*c colder on idle and 3-4*c on load.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Beardroid91 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:15 am I guess time will tell if it is strong enough ;)
I will probably slide a piece of foam under it anyway. Before i fill it up. Better safe than sorry. Also to further muffle any sounds or vibrations. It will be sturdy enough.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

This morning i tried to mount the waterblock but quickly noticed some bolts of the backplate were missing. After contacting EK CS chat 10 min ago, they told me to check the box again. The bolts were in a double compartment at the bottom. And i almost threw that box away.... :oops:
Never a dull moment. But that packaging was unexpected. :?

I will take another shot at it later this afternoon. :party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

LOL LMAO :lol: :facepalm:

True the EK box comes with a top layer, but there is indeed a compartment under the block, it is actually a pretty smart way of packaging it.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The back plate comes in a seperate box that is only 1 cm thick. And it is long. So i would have never guessed it has this tiny compartment at the other end.

No more time today, as i have watched P2 in F1 :D

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Ah it was for the backplate, hmm i never got to unbox my old backplate as the screws for it was in the box with the other screws for the GPU block, but good you figured it out.

I made a bid on an old EK Supremacy (not Evo) Acetal CSQ/copperbase block as i really believe my current Supremacy Evo Fullnickel block is damaged somehow, as the temps fly up and down so fast, like cores spiking from 30 to 45*c and then down again every second. And also the load temps seem to high for a watercooled system of my caliper, i should be seeing better temps than i do.

I think my Jetplate got damage a while back and EK don't sell them, unless you ask their CS and then most likely expensive shipping for a big maybe as the fin block could be damaged too.

So if i can get a cheap second hand block then i could know for sure, and if i was right then i can sell my Fullnickel block for more than i would be giving for the other block. ;)

The seller also have a watercooled GTX 1070 FTW i think EK block, so might ask him how he likes it and if it is worth watercooling it.

Return to “PC”