PC Water Cooling

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Right now i do have a closed loop AIO. The Corsair H110. Keeps my CPU at 60 degrees max, while OC at 4.2Ghz. For a few years now.

Custom loops are indeed very expensive.
I can say, as i have a box with over 1.100€ of watercooling parts, ready for my next build over here. :shock:

There is another solution. Pre-filled components, you can link.

EK has an awesome system like that available. It gives you some customizing options, with the AIO comfort.
This solution will hit the shelves soon®

https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-is-announc ... -products/

Right now, you can also grab a Predator AIO, that beats most Aio solutions, as it has quality components.
Other high end Watercooling manufacturers have them as well.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xlc-predator-240

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

@Mad @Bez
You know i don't take this lightly, but i just live in near constant fear each time i turn on the system, constantly wondering when it might happen and dread the moment i could a leak and kills something, but saying a loop have run for over a year without incident is both good and bad, and it means something might break soon and not really interested in losing my expensive pc parts any time soon.

An AIO would be ideal, but those to selling at premium prices at the moment, and i have my share of issues with those already, i have 3 different AIO watercoolers already, and the funny thing is my old Prolimatech Megahelmes did as well or just +5*C to those.

I have thought going for the EK AIO but seems just as expensive, and to be honest i something cheap and reliable to replace the custom water, as view watercooling as an experience, but now that i have tired custom water it seems an AIO ofters more peace in mind, and not the daily fears of a leak forming. But now i can say i have tired it out, but i my opinion now after having tired 3 different custom watercooled system builds then i think air or AIO's is better as they offer much more reliability and peace of mind.

Plus getting some the watercooling investment back into the bank would also be nice, but i'm not in a rush to out phase my custom water but i feel it is going that way as i like it less and less now, sure if i bought an waterblock the GTX1070 it could be worth it, but seeing as the GTX1070 doing need a waterblock at all - then it is not worth it, and someone else should get to have the chance of watercooling too, and just because i have lost the interest doesn't mean the parts i have are bad, far from it - they seem to be running perfectly, it really is just my mindset that has change my view on it.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It appears to me, you did a good job with your loop. Remember that most Aio's also use components. And a lot of Glycol to prevent corrosion. Alu rads and copper blocks....
And you most likely used better fittings in your loop.
Only maintenance is to replace the fluids, once every 2 years or so.

I don't see why your loop would start to leak soon®. If there are bad fittings or other malfuctioning components in there, they would already have shown.
To be save, you can always replace all O-rings on fittings, when you have drained the loop to replace the fluid. Depending on their quality, they form the weak spot of every loop, AIO included.

Maybe the best solution for you right now, is to do literally nothing. :eeek:

And do some preventing maintenance in the Spring, like mentioned above.
A well built loop can last for a long time. Maybe exchange the tubes once every 4-5Y.

If you do not carry around your case a lot and watch after your loop it will last. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:I don't see why your loop would start to leak soon®. If there are bad fittings or other malfuctioning components in there, they would already have shown.

To be save, you can always replace all O-rings on fittings, when you have drained the loop to replace the fluid. Depending on their quality, they form the weak spot of every loop, AIO included.

Maybe the best solution for you right now, is to do literally nothing. :eeek:
Hmm yeah maybe best just to wait as it is running great now.

I changed the original O-rings to some replacement BitsPower o-rings the last time i rebuild the system, HighFlow have a bag of 50 or 100 G1/4 o-rings for next to nothing, so the all fittings got upgraded last time.

The only change i would make is to swap out the red Primochil junk tubing i have in now, as it is terrible and full of platiziers, and then i would use black ZMT or the new clear one EK makes, but that is i want to continue on this path.

It's hard to believe it but yes i might have to do just nothing, and just wait.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Now this is pretty cool, EKWB have made watercooling more noob friendly but making a pretty decent configurator and taking the guess work out of the shopping experience, would have been nice to have when i started out, but i did okay so far.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That configurator is pretty cool. Especially for not missing out on parts.

It does not take drainage in account and always seems to point to the more expensive radiators.
But you can change that manually.

EKWB is now targeting the entry level market as well. With modular cooling solutions.
Entry in the sense of first time water coolers. Price is still on the very high side.
Quality comes with a high price tag.

They even went into the RGB stuff with ASUS. Other motherboard brands will probably follow soon.

I still have not decided if i want to turn my case into a pinball machine :lol:
Probably not. 8-)
But some RGB lighting might be cool. I will stick to the green theme for this build. 8-)

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

You could just get the NZXT Hue+ heard it should be great, and you just turn down the brightness of the LED strips.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Eww .. just noticed some strange golden build up on inside of the reservoir, i think my coolant is shot, and this could mean a lengthy downtime, and it is the waste time for it to happen as it is to cold to work on it out in the garage where there is room for it.
2017-02-05 22.05.19.jpg
edit: It is right above the water line in the reservoir.

But what could this be? It is in the top of the reservoir i have noticed it, but who's to it isn't the whole system that is full of gunk now, but i think its is definitely some kind of bacteria, but if it si good of bad i have no idea about, but i'll monitor the water temperature more closely from now on, i have AIDA64 as a sidebar gadget on the desktop showing all the pc temps and pump rpm i want to know.

But i'm not kidding, i was looking at the system not week ago doing light dust cleaning and then there was nothing to see in the top of the reservoir, but i have to follow it for now and then over overhaul it when it gets warmer or if it gets worse.

Edit2: This only makes me want to quit watercooling that much more, as it is so demanding to keep it running, might as well have fish in the reservoir...
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

You might have to squeeze in some anti algea/bacterial detergent. Comes in small bottles and is not that expensive. Maybe the fluid you used did not contain enough ethylene glycol. Did you use pre-mix fluids? Don't remember.

You might want to drain and replace the lot in a few months time anyway. Flush the loop and put in some fresh new fluids. Replace the tubes for clear ones and pick a new color.

https://www.highflow.nl/watercooling/ko ... -15ml.html

https://www.highflow.nl/watercooling/ko ... 100ml.html

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Could try that, I have an expired bottle of Meyham X1 coolant so I could maybe drain coolant today and fill it up with the old coolant, but I'm not sure what to do about clean flushing water, I would need to buy some demineralized water.

I need to put my good drain system to use ;)

Lol shipping from Highflow is also noticeable cost, might save that for a later time.

Return to “PC”