PC Water Cooling

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, don't order from here, there must be a shop in Denmark selling it. Was just an example.

:D
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Got the coolant changed today, it only cost half an hour of downtime to unplug, drain, lightly clean, fill and plug the system back in.

I still have no idea what it was, but looked like stuff where my toothbrush hang, but doubt it was it, but some kind of bacteria or algae, but no the new all be it expired Meyham coolant should be able to clean it up.

I also put some tape over the white LED strip to dime it, and it made a good difference as white bright light isn't washing out the 1070 FTW's RGB effects plus it don't see dust as clearly now :P
2017-02-06 17.55.31.jpg
It appears brighter than it is in real life.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

With the new coolant it appears that the water temp gone up about 1*c and cpu's idle temp is 2-3*c hotter. While it could be just the coolant i actually think i have a air pocket in the CPU block it is happens alot to the Supremacy Evo, but tilting a 25-30kg pc under a table is as easy as it might sound, but i'll try it.

Edit. Just tried tilting and shacking the case, but air bobbles so it must be the coolant that is worse than the EK coolant i had in it before.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have bought EK premixed coolant for my next build, but my normal recipe for watercooling loops is a simple one;
Take 2 liters of demineralized or distilled water and add 1 liter of ethylene glycol.

A lot more than is in the pre-mix solutions, but you never need maintenance for at least 2 years. :lol:
Pretty much the same solution that is in most AIO's ;)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yea might have to try something like that at some point, but new coolant must be better than the old one, but now the issue might come up if this damn Meyham coolant coat all of the system in in golden gunk again, like with the first define S waterloop i made that went bad.

But i'll leave it for now, but i'm still looking at cheap used aircoolers as i want less issues and headaches from this build, and less upkeep cost.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

EK comes with full cover RGB blocks for Gigabyte Z270 Mobos.

They already make them for ASUS. This opens a whole new area of possibilities for new builds. :party:

Now let's se if they will make them for the new AM4 chipset mobos as well. ;)

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

And here i was left thinking you couldn't use the stock backplate with the EK waterblock for my GTX 1070 FTW, as EK stats that the stock backplate isn't compatible, but someone clearly didn't tell this russian as he just used the FTW cards own screws to mount it :lol:

To be honest the stock EVGA 1070 FTW backplate does look better than the EK version for it, so maybe an option to try out once get some spare cash again, but still this is a 30 euro saved on a hack.

(Happens 5 min into the video.)

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have not ordered flow or temp sensors (yet). I will try to make custom watercool profiles, based on the CPU activity, load and temperatures. As my cooling solution has overcapacity for heat dissipation, i can let the pump run at slow speeds if i have to. Fan speeds will be controlled by the PWM on the motherboard.

Loop order will be;

res/pump-black ice xtreme 240/60-TitanX-black ice nemesis 140/30-Evo Extreme CPU-black ice nemesis 240/30-res/pump.

At the bottom before entering the large rad, there will be a T-splitter for draining purposes. And i will use a temporary barb fitting/hose with a funnel to fill the system up.
If i decide to add extra sensors, they will be there. But right now i don't think i will use them. Even if i can make better profiles adding these. The Mobo has some awesome options. I will look into it later. When i have all components gathered.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Okay, i hope the tubes wont be crossing each other to much, but yea seems to be about enough.

Was about to ask if you couldn't have fitted a bigger radiator but.. never mind, the Cosmos II as big as it is is a huge waste of space as not even 360 support without having to mod it and cut away a closed fan spot in the top. But guess you have to make do with the options CoolerMaster made for it.

Also you might as well put in the temp sensor now as you won't be able to just change it any time soon after you have filled it up, also haven't you seen the Asus AISuite software yet? It is so good and gives you nearly full control over the motherboard, and i personally love their fan utility imo. the pump support only made it much better. But up to you, i guess you have to try it first to tell if you would like it, but then it is just a headache to put in the sensor. :P

And you only need a watertemp. sensor, as the flowmeter is not needed.

Also a T-spitter, which one, and do you have a ballvalve for it?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There are actually 4x 12cm holes in the top. But 2 are covered by the controll/usb units and i want it to stay stock from the outside.
In theory you can fit a very large 480 radiator on top. But this 240/30 will fit under the cover. Fans will go underneath, blowing air upwards.
The bottom 240/60 radiator will get push pull config. It will fit in the space that was originally reserved for another 6 HDD cage. There are 2 mounting rails i can use for it. I'm not planning to remove the front cage, as it houses the HDD, fan control and optical drives. And the 200mm intake fan that is mounted in the front.
Some case modders remove everything. Huge space to work with than. My build will fill out most spaces.

Only point of concern will be the 140mm radiator at the back. I will test fit that before i mount anything else.

I do have a T splitter, ball valve, fill port and some other stuff to seal it off. I will place a stop on the valve, so i can mount a fitting with a tube when i want to drain the system.

You are right about the temp sensor. But i did not order it and TBH, i don't want to waste another 10 shipping bucks for 1 part.
I might opt for a continues (low) pump operation and dynamic controlled fans. Even at very low fan speeds this waterloop will be enough to cool the lot. :lol:
Only the bottom p/p config will get the CPU header fan control. I might connect another to the GFX fan controller. Depending on being able to work away most cables.
I will try to prevent crossing tubes. That never looks nice.

Return to “PC”