PC Water Cooling

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:There are actually 4x 12cm holes in the top. But 2 are covered by the controll/usb units and i want it to stay stock from the outside.
In theory you can fit a very large 480 radiator on top. But this 240/30 will fit under the cover. Fans will go underneath, blowing air upwards.
The bottom 240/60 radiator will get push pull config. It will fit in the space that was originally reserved for another 6 HDD cage. There are 2 mounting rails i can use for it. I'm not planning to remove the front cage, as it houses the HDD, fan control and optical drives. And the 200mm intake fan that is mounted in the front.
Some case modders remove everything. Huge space to work with than. My build will fill out most spaces.

Only point of concern will be the 140mm radiator at the back. I will test fit that before i mount anything else.

I do have a T splitter, ball valve, fill port and some other stuff to seal it off. I will place a stop on the valve, so i can mount a fitting with a tube when i want to drain the system.

You are right about the temp sensor. But i did not order it and TBH, i don't want to waste another 10 shipping bucks for 1 part.
I might opt for a continues (low) pump operation and dynamic controlled fans. Even at very low fan speeds this waterloop will be enough to cool the lot. :lol:
Only the bottom p/p config will get the CPU header fan control. I might connect another to the GFX fan controller. Depending on being able to work away most cables.
I will try to prevent crossing tubes. That never looks nice.
Ahh okay i see :)

I actually have 2 watertemp plugs, bought one of them and got in the other one for free along with other goodies as the guy just wanted it gone so first one to come got it, which was me, also 2 full unused sounddampening foam pads, and some old PCI-E raisers, i think it was a bitcoin setup maybe. But i what really wanted was his 180x180 fan shrouds, but ended up getting much more for free, some of it was brand new, like 3 packs of white 3mm twin LED for waterblocks and ACool reservoir mounting clamps and randome fittings, and weird pump mounts.

But i get why you want to save on shipping, i spent so much on impulse shopping as the shipping for it got really expensive...
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It is not just the shipping. I think i have spent enough already. And i'm very busy at the moment.

Also need to create some room for the build. I might even consider running the whole system on air first. Than you also know if everything works as intended.

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Lol did you ever consider not testing the hardware on air before watercooling it :?

Always test on air first as it is easier to deal with, but hopefully no issues.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, you can just boot it up dry to see if everything works. But letting a complete system run on air first is the proper way to build a system.

The reason why i focus more on fan speeds than pump speeds, is that pump speed is less important.

I found a scientific test video, where this is shown.
You gotto love these lab rat setups, lol. :lol:

And another video from JayZTwoCents

I will probably let the pump run at 40-50% speed steady. And create a dynamic fan profile, based on CPU and GPU workloads and temps.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I found the reason why i did not order a temp sensor. EK does not sell them. I went over the complete shop inventory earlier to avoid having to make too many deliveries.

As the temp sensor can be used as a stop, it can easily be mounted in my loop at the T splitter. Maybe i will have to order a 4-way splitter to accomodate everything at one spot. I do not want the sensor to block waterflow.

I will look into it later.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I have this type of water temp sensor in my build, and i also got one of the long tip models free in a basket a while back.

Temp sensor plus a LED temp screen for it - but the can my disconnected from it and plugged into the motherboard.
https://www.highflow.nl/watercooling/aa ... ensor.html

4 port splitter - i use the same one in my loop.
https://www.highflow.nl/watercooling/aa ... -g1-4.html

Mad you better watch this before installed your EK Supremacy Evo block on the new Asus mobo, as Jay had some issues with it.
https://www.periscope.tv/JayzTwoCents/1 ... pVMGj?t=23
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I think i already have the 4 way splitter. I have to do an inventory anyway.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nice timeplapse from JayZ2Cents of a new RyZen 1800X watercooled build.
He uses a lot of parts i will use. So good vid for me :D

I can only underline his conclusions. I ordered the same motherboard he blew up in that build :eeek:

Raw processor performance is there, but the surrounding hardware and software needs to get up to speed.
He also recommended it for games, unlike the Gamer Nexus BS.

So i think this was one of the most honest reviews so far. He was very critical about AMD earlier, for testing the 6900K on stage with only dual channel enabled memory. Nobody will use that. But from their perspective, it was a clock for clock comparison with all other factors equaled out. Real world builders will never decrease performance like that. So the AMD published bench results might have been a little flattered.

The RyZen is not a massive overclocker. That is established by now. Getting all cores to 4Ghz will probably create some issues already.
I will start with a default speed build. Just let it run for a while and than do some OC as new BIOS and mem support will arrive.
Doing so will guarantee a "stable" initial operation. I leave the fancy stuff for later.

Only thing i'm a bit worried about is the Motherboard. ASUS is a good brand, but i did not receive it last week, even when i had it pre-ordered. So they might roll it out with a newer, stable BIOS.

I have never ordered a brand new cpu like this release and RyZen will have to grow to maturity quickly. But i'm somehow happy i made this decision. :D

Builders like myself, will always check for new BIOS and driver versions. Right now everything on ASUS site is marked as Beta.
This underlines that the manufacturers did not get enough time to do a proper bios. And testing. Good part about these reviewers, is that they will get a truckload of feedback now, which will help development of EFI-BIOS more quickly.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/RO ... _Download/

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bear304 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:44 am
MadManCK wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:51 pm Just to underline the overpriced ASUS above, EKWB, not the cheapest, has released full cover blocks for MSI Z270 boards at 120€.
And they do support RGB ;)

EKWB is really killing it right now, if only their GPU block prices would be lower . . . :D

But i really like the idea of the mono-blocks as it is much cleaner and works really well, but is it really needed, answer is a loud no, but it looks awesome non-the-less 8-)
It is true that VRM can easily hit 130 degrees. But for a stable operation less is better. Especially as the surrounding chips are getting hot as well.
For stable higher OC, more voltage is needed. This will make VRM boil. Even if most manufacturers do apply good coolers with heatpipes.
Most watercool solutions do not take in consideration good airflow over the VRM/Mosfets. Jay's infra red video showed that too.
I will not have that problem, as the custom loop fans will be placed in the top underneath the radiator, pushing air upwards out of the case and away from the motherboard. This will also create enough airflow over the mosfet coolers.
Of course radiators will benefit more from colder air, but working against nature and blowing hot air over the motherboard top down is a very bad cooling solution.

Most cooling will be done in the belly of the Cosmos II anyway. Cold air will be drawn from outside the case and go straight out of the front. This will be a completely separate cooling zone. One of the benefits of having a compartmentalized case.

Only question mark is the placement of an extra 140mm rad in place of the exit fan. Some test fitting will give answers there.

Mono block solutions are the best. And EK makes them look awesome.
As i will not do extreme overclocking, i think the EKWB EVO for the CPU will do nicely. I have everything i need here in a box.
But if EK will release a full cover block for the Motherboard i want, i might consider getting one.

I will start some prep this week, as i will transfer my current system to the Kandalf. I need to clean that one out and find some fans for it. It will be fitted with my good old Megahalem in p/p config.
It will get a single GTX780Ti and run on a 1ms 1080p gaming monitor. The 2700K will go to stock speeds. It has served me well.

The Corsair H110 AIO will be used to test fit the RyZen. So i can basically leave it in place.
I will run a complete RyZen setup first, before i will do any custom waterloops.

:party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Sounds like a good plan 8-)

Return to “PC”