PC Water Cooling

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Ah okay, i think that is only a issues on the Cosmos, as it is so big and has many extras many other cases don't have.

But you can just put that USB hub into the basement and no one would know about it, so go for it.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That HUB is a smart one, as it also has 2 normal usb 2.0 connectors i can use.

So i did the final order today. I found some sleeve that wraps around a bunch of cables (black). Also ordered the 120mm Rad and a couple of 120mm BitFenix green led fans. I included a ridiculous expensive Bitspower 4 way splitter that you can fit right into a radiator. And some excessive parts i probably will or will not use. I want to have the option to add 2 more fans on top with grilles. And of course the multi top, some smaller tubes for in the res and a very nice green led plug with sleeved cable.

And that will be my last order*. :eeek:

PS The mobo only has 1 temp sensor connector and 2 flow connectors. So i did not order an additional temp sensor. Most important is the intake temp, so that one will go in the overpriced bitspower splitter.

:occasion-snowman:

*I finally found a green led 200mm fan. But from a different brand. I wil leave my blue led Coolermaster fan in the top for now, but might change that in the future if the looks are off. And when i do exchange them i will do the front intake 200mm fan as well. But TBH, i like blue leds, so it will work. Even in a Green build :mrgreen:

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I don't know if the Bitspower 4 port splitter is that overpriced considering you get the male/male fitting included the price.

With the EK 4 splitter I have in my loop I have to buy a male/male fitting, but I then ordered the male/male rotary fitting which connecting the drain ballvalve. ;)

But yea fittings isn't cheap at all and if they are then it is a problem as it could be aluminum. :mrgreen:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

No, it is brass, chrome plated. It is rotary as well. Nice piece of machining. It will help me deal with the crampy space in the belly of the cosmos :D

When i'm done with this build, i will make a box with excessive watercooling parts and make a calculation of what i could have saved :lol:

I always order N+1 for fittings etc. But not special parts. :geek:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I finally got the parts i ordered and already hate half of them. But i did find some time to work around some issues with the case structure. It is blocking direct routing in some places. I managed to create a working solution connecting the radiator in the bottom to the drain valve, temp sensor and the rest of the loop. Just ridiculous that a few fittings and rotary or angled solutions can set you back well over 100$. But it seems to be solid now.

You can not order too many fittings it appears. I am amazed how many vanish into this build.

The multi top is way to big and i do not really like it. It does have 5 acces ports. But it does not line up right under the top rad, so i can not do what i had in mind with the single top.

And i still have not decided on the exit radiator :lol:

The key essence of a good loop, is that there is more heat dissapated than generated. And i will already achieve that with just a single radiator. I have two now, so adding a third is overkill.
Project overchill started with that idea, but i might just stick to the two radiators and use the exit fan for something creative or as an additional intake.

I really want to get some of the tubing done this week. But wiring comes first. The wrinkle wrap black sleeving seems like a clever solution to camouflage some of the exposed wires in the bottom section of the motherboard.

Where others are on holidays, my summer seems to be rush hour this year. But i dont really care. Only side projects like this build are taking way too long to finish.

:party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yea it pays off to plan and measure up to see test the different clearances, i had a build plan for build's, but yet fittings, and other stuff still surprised me, but yea fittings are a nightmare, they are so expensive but you can't really do without them.

And yes, i believe you should always have more radiator capacity than needed, but small cases might be a challenge for get enough radiators into. but seems build over sized cases are just as tough to work in.

But glad to hear you got your overpriced parts :P
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I just finished my RGB lighting upgrade in my case, now it has one of those 5050 RGB strips with IR remote, so now i can change the lighting in my case depending on my mood.

The old white LED strip i had in the case before had burned the rubber/plastic coating the LED strips have over the LED's, it was all dark tinted, and the blue'ish white it started out as had turned to a more of a yellow tinted white, and it made my internals look like crap for the longest time.

2017-08-08 14.14.21.jpg

But now it has a 5050 RGB LED strip in it and it makes a ton of s difference. I bought these 5050 LED strips about 1-2 years ago now, but i hated the look of them, when i tested them with an external PSU as the LED's would flicker badly. But using my EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU to power the LED strips they don't flicker at all and has a constant light, there is a huge difference between my old PSU and the newer ones... :mrgreen:

2017-08-08 14.10.52.jpg

Blue/Red/Green/White: With brightness control, so i can turn them down / or just turn off the LED strip completely with the remote.

2017-08-08 14.10.18.jpg
2017-08-08 14.10.28-1.jpg
2017-08-08 14.10.33.jpg
2017-08-08 14.10.40.jpg
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That is cool. Gives a lot of light too. Nice. 8-)

I have one RGB strip (60cm), that can be attached to the RGB header on the ASUS mobo. In theory it should light up in the same colors the motherboard does.

But that is most likely the last part i will do :lol:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Okay, so when i made the plexy piece i must have missed the fact the case side panel actually didn't close correctly in place, so siders and dust etc. would get in unfiltered, so rather than getting the piecy piece to fit i updated the old PSU shroud.

So i got the idea to put some carbon fiber wrap on the old PSU shroud, and i must say it changed it quite abit, and made it look much nicer as the light doesn't get soaked up in the black paint anymore as the carbon fiber wrap refleks the light.

So i like the old PSU shroud alot more now and it suits the build better.

2017-08-22 15.20.11.jpg
2017-08-22 15.25.14.jpg
2017-08-22 15.27.07.jpg

And yea i need to get new coolant and tubing soon as it doesn't fit in.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Soooo nearly a month later how is the build coming along ?

Return to “PC”