PC Water Cooling

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

EK just released their new M.2 heatsinks

https://www.ekwb.com/news/ek-releasing- ... -135294893

- - - -

You have been abit quiet the last week, to busy at work or are you stuck in the new race chair ?? :lol:

- - - -

Also i think the particles in my loop could be bits of char, as EK put a disclaimer on their EK-ZMT tubing saying it could have char residues in it as it is made of char apparently, so maybe the Primochill tubes (the new ones) are fine to use after all.

Also EK is having a pretty damn good deal on 3m bundles of Primochill 16/10mm tubing for just 10 euros, and considering the Duraclear is 18,4 euros then the Primochill tubing is a steal, heck in Denmark 1 meter of the stuff cost 9 euros .... But it is Primochill....
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I'm very busy dealing with business, companies and other stuff. In addiditon to that i have decided to do some catching up, using the foldable chair. Not perfect, but at least i can do some Summit events to keep my platinum ranking.

And i had a standstill when i had some case modifications to do. Drilling, grinding or whatever, takes place near other electronical equipment, as i have no separate room anymore to do construction. So i want to limit that kind of work to an absolute minimum. And i take extra precaution, like covering things up etc.

Getting the big radiator in the basement of the case is a serious hassle, as there is 0 room for movement. Tight fit is an understatement there. But i will get it done. It just takes longer than anticipated.
Normally the Summertime is the period of the Year where you have the extra time to do things like this. Not for me this time, lol.

I have assembled about every part of the build, so it is just a matter of the fitting and finalizing the mounting plans.
After that i can finally start with the assembling. That will still take most of the week.

It is a work in progress, so to speak.

If there is anything to mention, i will show it. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Ah i see, i figured it was something like that. ;)

edit.
Hmm i think i could be going with the white Primochill tubing, and have the reservoir with the blue CryoFuel coolant, as i think the all blue tubing would be to much, and i loved the white tubing in my loop when i had the GPU watercool as well, so i think i'll order the Primochill white 3m bundle of tubing and get the blue coolant, and get my loop upgrade going soon.

And being it is a 3m pack of tubing i would have enough for when i do finally commit to buying a waterblock for my GPU, so it all works out nicely, and for 10 euros 3 meter of Primochill tubing is a steal.

Also the Cryofuel is 4 euros cheap to buy from EKWB than it is from the store in Denmark... They are so greedy :lol:

I'll think about it for abit before committing to it.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I did some test fitting of the 140mm rad and it was confirmed what i was affraid for. It does not fit**. I think a 120mm will just fit there. A bit annoying, but i had to try. Mounting the radiator on the outside of the case will look ugly and the holes for the tubing are not placed right either. So that will most likely keep me from mounting an extra radiator before the case exit above the motherboard. Unless i decide to order a 120mm one.

I might do an additional order of parts*. And i have to run to the iron shop as well for special bolts.

Mounting options in the belly are very limited. And i will only be able to reach it once the case is upside again. It is now flat for motherboard mounting purposes.

*Additional order for extra green led 12cm fans, as i like them a lot more than the Vardars.
Also maybe a full green sleeved cable mod kit. Including SATA cables etc. The ones i have now and are long enough have white plugs, which won't look good if the rest is modded nicely.
And i can order a 120mm rad to place before the exhaust.

On the other hand, i have spent way too much on this build already. Most likely half a Fiat 500 worth of parts. :eeek:

One more reason to continue the build :party:

**The rad might fit if i mount it on top of a 140mm fan. But that would make it stick out into the case too much i think.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Mounted the Motherboard today. Also the video card and the big fan in the top. At least some progress made.
Even with enough clearance from the slots, the 140mm radiator is simply too big, as the door would not shut. Those dimensions on the sides are not very clearly mentioned when you buy it. Unlike with speakers, where complete mounting schedules are common. You only find things like this out, when you do some test fitting.
So i will not place the radiator there, but i do have another 140mm fan that will fit nicely. As it is a static pressure fan, it will move a lot more air than an average case fan. But i can reduce speeds to match the case pressure.

Now i can finally continue to work with the case standing upwards. That will make life a lot more easy. I still have to find a way to reach the tiny bolts to mount the bottom radiator. If that wont work i will use a big band of Velcron tape, professional grade. Maybe unorthodox, but it will secure the radiator more than enough. We will see how well i can reach anything once the case is standing up. Maybe i will do that tomorrow morning. The pump and reservoir will also be a tighter fit than i thought. At least the case will be nicely filled up when ready.

:party:
SAM_0665.JPG
SAM_0667.JPG

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Cool, but don't know if i would put so much trust into tape, but then again it is only a 1000 euro Titan Xp if it falls so what could go wrong . . . Also you need to remember that the tubing would also pull in it, so you are putting so much fate in tape.

Also why does it look like the CPU block is put on at an angle, i think you messed up installing it as it is not meant to be on at an angle, so you might want to recheck it.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Beardroid91 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:22 pm Also why does it look like the CPU block is put on at an angle, i think you messed up installing it as it is not meant to be on at an angle, so you might want to recheck it.

Yes i also notice this :? is this just the way it is or is it not sitting right?
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:44 pmYes i also notice this :? is this just the way it is or is it not sitting right?

The Asus Hero motherboard has mounting holes for AM3+ and also the new AM4 mounts, so the holes are in extension of each other so i would think Mad have had a slight misalignment with it.

Maybe just losing the mouting screws and push it into correct placement and save the thermal paste. :idea:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nope, i used the correct mounting holes. The replacement mount had the large hole at an angle or too much travel. I did spot it, of course, but it is sitting right as it is. I can not change it now anyway.

:geek:

PS It looks more angled than it really is. Because of the way i photographed it.

http://tdudrivetime.com/download/file.p ... &mode=view
Beardroid91 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:22 pm you need to remember that the tubing would also pull in it, so you are putting so much fate in tape.
That tape has proven to be strong enough to hold my wheel on my current racing seat. It is professionally grade velcron, used by artists at live events. It can withstand a lot of movement. So, using it to secure a 2kg radiator, that already can not move half an inch because of the tight fit, is an easy solution. But i will try to use bolts first. The space is so tight that i can not even get a screw driver in between easy. If i ever want to transport it, i can simply place some bubble foam on each side of it to avoid the radiator from moving. But that won´t be necessary at all.

I will also only use bolts at the front of the pump-res and velcron at the rear. This case might be a super tower, but the actual working space for watercooling parts is very minimal. :lol:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hmm okay, but still a radiator doesn't have much surface area for the tape to grab on to.

Just so we are clear it is the top radiator you want to use tape on, as i can see it work well on the basement radiator ;)

Also that extra picture only confirms it sited on wrong, as it is meant to sit flush, with the VRM caps and the RAM slots, and this one well, it just looks off, maybe the nickel shadows but still. :?

BTW did you not open the CPU block up and change the mounting plate, could just have put it back together misaligned ?

Return to “PC”