PC Water Cooling

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I don't regret nothing (US slang)

Case is sitting half build on its place. I need to create some space to be able to work around it. First collect all the parts in 1 location.
I have not done that, but will do that this week. Get the basics done.

Drilling and heavy work on the building has been done for the most part. Now it is tons of concrete and additional construction work with Metal beams.
They basically build a building below the existing building. That is why it takes so long and is that expensive. From a constructors POV it is very interesting. When they are done with the raw construction, the exoskeleton and framework can be removed and the building will sit on the new foundation, basement, cellars, sea level and 1st floor. Afterwards the construction work for the shop can begin. It will be a completely new space for them. Covering 4 houses and the space in between them, as well part of an unused garden. When that is finished the construction on the walls and facades can start. But that will start 6 months after the foundation has settled. And then the inside construction can start. So, as you can see, i still have to endure a lot of work in and around the house.

But you are right, i should keep it going. The project has been dormant too long now.
It has just been a very busy year. In many aspects.

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hopefully you can find some time for it soon.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

One word, DAMN :eeek:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

EK should pay him for that one :loll:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have collected most parts in a 50L plastic container box now. And i also created some space to work.

In addition to that i have to upgrade and rebuild some other PC's and laptops as well. So i will be occupied with the PC building stuff again soon®

:mrgreen: :party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Just put some oil in the box, and go oil cooled :lol:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Beardroid91 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:09 am Just put some oil in the box, and go oil cooled :lol:

You would be surprised to see what poeple have tried to cool their PC with. Building a PC in an aquarium and fill it with mineral oil, has been done a few times. The oil barely heats from the CPU and GPU, only underlining that large volume fluids can absorb more heat. It is of course the disipation through the sides that "cools" the fluid down.

Also PC cases have been made "watertight" and filled with Oil :lol:

This does work, as oil is non conductive. But just imagine swapping parts, upgrading or change a battery on your motherboard.... :mrgreen:

:ugeek:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yea you only want to touch it one time, any changes to it would be a massive headache :lol:
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

This is just epic, i love small builds like this one 8-)

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

2017-09-06 02.37.17.jpg
Lol i am not going to miss this picture view on the new forum :lol:

Even-though i love my PC, then i'm starting to have the feeling of not wanting to do watercooling anymore now, so i'm looking at air coolers now, because i'm starting to be very afraid of leaks, they are bound to happen at some point, and i really don't want my GTX 1070 FTW to die. So i'm looking at air coolers now, and i'm kind of regretting i sold my old Megahelms cooler as it was a beast, but now i'm looking at some 140mm fan CPU air coolers, but they are huge, some up to 17,1 cm high, my Define S can have up to 18 cm high coolers in it, but still that is a huge cooler then - it would fill out the case for sure. (I would sell all my watercooling if i got the air cooler, there is fittings and parts for a small fortune so i would to get some of it back, as money is pretty tight at the moment.)

The Thermalright True Spirit 140 Direct which has 5x 6mm heatpipes, it is of one the coolers i have been looking at, it is cheap and well built and i have a spare 140mm Noctua fan that would fit it so i could do push/pull config.

Another interesting option is the Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power which has 6x 8mm heatpipes, which is massive, and it looks just like the original TRUE coolers did, i always wanted one of those but it wasn't in stock so had to get the Megahelms instead, but it seems to do worse in the reviews i have seen so far, it is strange as 6x 8mm heatpipes should be insane, but maybe not enough surface area on the coolers fins to make use of the heatpipes? Also, running it in push/pull would surely, make much more use out of the 12 heat pipes vs. the other with 10 pipes.

Here is a installed size comparison:
pkguts.jpg
Any thoughts on what i should do ?

Return to “PC”