Nvidia Talk / Updates / Drivers etc.

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

OK i took some time to check all options in the new interface of GForce Experience.

There are some improvements. You can open the overlay with Alt+Z, then the options for recording and sharing appear.
It is still possible to adjust the shadowplay to 10 min, like i did. It only works from within the game.

This has some benefits, in case you forgot to switch on Shadowplay before the game started.

It is just something to get used to i suppose.

But the control Lords strike again. Now they can see exactly what you play, when you play and with who you play 24/7. It just gives you the creeps.
As Nvidia is not hindered by Steam, Uplay, Origin or whatever. All others are limited to the games in their portfolio, but Nvidia has everything.
Just imagine the amount of data and different types of research they can do with that. Does it make Zuckerberg look like a choir boy? Not really, but it surely rubbs off. :twocents-02cents:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Last Friday released driver was again a mess. I really think they should test these drivers more properly before releasing them.

Issues are fixed now. Best to update the drivers to the latest version 375.63

W10 64 version:
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/3 ... l-whql.exe

Game Ready

Provides the optimal experience for Battlefield 1, Civilization VI, and Titanfall 2.

Game Ready VR

Provides the optimal experience for Eagle Flight and Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope.

New Features

Enhanced the performance and quality of the motion vectors provided by the Motion-Estimation-Only mode of the video encoder, specifically in stereo VR use cases.

Added or updated the following SLI profiles:

Lineage Eternal: Twilight Resistance - added SLI profile

Added or updated the following 3DV profiles:

Civlization VI - good
Titanfall 2 - good

Windows 10 Fixed Issues

[SLI, Geforce GTX 980M] Mirror's Edge Catalyst flickers on Ansel UI when image moved with mouse pointer. [1805007]
[372.54] Corruption in Overwatch decals. [1816111]
[372.90] System crashes and signal lost when refresh rate changed from 144 Hz to 240 Hz on BenQ ZOWIE monitors. [1819638]

Windows 8.1/Windows 8/Windows 7 Fixed Issues

[GeForce GTX 650] Dots on all the characters in Grand Theft Auto 5. [1810923]

Windows 10 Open Issues

[375.52] NVIDIA 3DTV play license doesn't load after a reboot. [200244638]
Workaround. The license works if 3DVSerialize.exe is launched from the appropriate location after a system reboot:
32-Bit OS: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\3DTV\3DVserialize.exe
64-Bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3DTV\3DVserialize.exe
[Forza Horizon 3] Possible driver memory leak. [1826143]
[SLI] [GeForce GTX 970M] Level loading hangs in Gears of War 4. [1826307]
[GeForce GTX 1070][Alienware Graphics Amplifier] The graphics card is not detected upon installing the driver. [200236450]
[367.77, WDDM 2.1] Driver install/overinstall requires reboot. [1757931]
[SLI, GP104] Installer prompts for reboot during express overinstall of 372.69 driver on 372.54. [200231806]
[SLI, GeForce GTX TITAN] The Mirror's Edge Catalyst Intensity slider is set to 100 after Alt+Tab. [200231737]
[SLI, No Man's Sky] Huge performance drop after interaction with starships if SLI is enabled. [200231722]
[GM204] Quantum Break window either remains blank or freezes in game scene in windowed mode. [1804910]
Assassins Creed - Syndicate shows intermittent flickering black or white patches on game character faces. [200211264]
Surround Display icon disappears after rotate mode set to portrait. [200201040]
[SLI] Street Fighter V performance drop (pause and play) observed when the game is played at 4K resolution with SLI enabled. [200172046]
[SLI] Blank display is observed on disabling SLI with two displays connected. [200172046]
[Luxmark 3.0] Display driver stopped responding while running benchmark LuxBall HDR (Simple Bechmark:217K triangles). [200153736]
[347.09, GM204] Blank screen observed on an ASUS Tiled display when system resumes from shutdown or hibernation with Fast boot option enabled from BIOS. [1591053]

Windows 8.1 Open Issues

[3DVision] While a stereoscopic 3D video with stereoscopic 3D enabled is played, the monitor refresh rate switches to 60 Hz after changing the resolution using the Windows control panel. [1314811]

Windows 8 Open Issues

[Video, Notebook] The NVIDIA Control Panel video color settings have no effect on YouTube flash video playback within Internet Explorer 10. [999485]

Windows 7 Open Issues

[SLI] Street Fighter V performance drop (pause and play) observed when the game is played at 4K resolution with SLI enabled. [200172046]
[SLI] Blank display is observed on disabling SLI with two displays connected. [200172046]
[3DVision] While a stereoscopic 3D video with stereoscopic 3D enabled is played, the monitor refresh rate switches to 60 Hz after changing the resolution using the Windows control panel. [1314811]
[GeForce 500 series, Need for Speed: The Run] During the race the sun flickers and there are bright blips and black patches. [909577]
[SLI, Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor] With SLI enabled, there is heavy flickering in the game after switching from windowed mode to full-screen mode. [892264]
NVS 4200M, Optimus, F1 2011] The game hangs while selecting Quit To Main Menu during gameplay. [879537]
[GeForce 400 series, Total War: Shogun 2] The sun and surrounding area within the game flicker. [807036]
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

TL:DR

Why does this matter when it works perfectly fine on my system ??
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It runs fine here as well. Must be specific GFX and configs that had issues. Still sloppy.

But i will install the new drivers anyway. :party:
Geforce Experience will follow soon®

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

OK, here we go again :shock:

Do NOT update to the latest WHQL drivers 375.86. You may start to wonder how on earth these got certified. But they are. And this driver update downclocks memory on PASCAL cards..... :angry-banghead:

I really think Nvidia needs a new procedure on driver testing before release. These massive cock ups are now giving them a bad rep.

I now have to roll back to the previous drivers on 2 PC's. :angry-tappingfoot:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... 11-15-16-/

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nvidia comes with a Hot Fix for the Pascal GPU's

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers ... /a_id/4260

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Nvidia really don't like their customer base as they keep giving them incentive to jump to Radeon.

So they better step up their quality control of these damn drivers and lay off some of the goons who keep messing up.

I'm just glad i was to lazy to update the driver, but i do i want a hotfix driver, i don't think so.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It is that time again. Nvidia drivers have messed up. Fortunately they released a hotfix.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4378

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It appears that Nvidia's driver team is so incompetent, that they are unable to release a proper working driver without having to release a hotfix a few days later. And these hot fixes do not even fix everything.

I have reverted to an older Hot Fix driver for now. :roll:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/ ... ion-378.57

That one works.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

All the latest "optimized" drivers cause artifacts with lighting effects in Skyrim.
I had to revert to 378.57 to get rid of it.

Return to “PC”