Scrap PC parts to work as retro art

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I helped my dad clear out the worksheet at the country house and he wanted to just throw an old IBM 0,5 MB harddrive out, but i thought it was a shame and started to gut it for parts and took out the huge disc and thought it would look awesome as wall art, as it is so retro and holds a great deal of history :)

The harddrive was from a gigantic PC that made charts for minks at my grandfathers minkfarm in the 80's where it would keep track of the minks, never saw it in action though as they had sold the minkfarm before i was born, but my mom changed my diapers on the huge pc case as my dad got the PC when they sold the minkfarm, the damn thing is about the size of a large fridge laying on its side but only bigger. :D
2016-07-28 23.04.43.jpg
2016-07-28 23.04.31.jpg
2016-07-28 23.03.57.jpg
I can say without a doubt that none of my friends have a harddisc hanging on their wall :mrgreen:
Last edited by Beardroid91 on Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Nice find. Now you need to hang it and frame it somehow.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Whoamus wrote:Nice find. Now you need to hang it and frame it somehow.
Thanks, well i already drilled a hole on the backside of metal disc mount, so i can just hang it as is ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nice. Old tech looks cool. 8-)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

That disk looks awesome, I bet it only holds a small fraction of data in those days, probably les than you can get on an SD card these days. :mrgreen:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Only 512 KB of space on the huge disk :2thumbsup:

Harddrives have come a long way.
__

Here is some better pictures in better light.
2016-07-30 14.57.20.jpg
2016-07-30 14.55.28.jpg
2016-07-30 14.58.21.jpg
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Throw it in the Air, make a fuzzy pic of it, place it on the web and claim you have seen a UFO :flyingsaucer:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Cleaning out old stuff, you inspired me and since I had an open space, I put old GPU on shelf.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Is that Irish Mist any good?

:orcs-cheers:

Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:Is that Irish Mist any good?

:orcs-cheers:
Yes, it is a honey sort of flavor with other spices. I used to drink it now and then, got it as a gift. That bottle is at least 10 years old, they do not make it in decanter style bottles anymore. I do not drink a lot but I do have a shot now and then in the cold weather. Currently on a bottle of brandy but have been thinking of opening this one when I finish that.

Return to “PC”