AMD RyZen

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Mad, you need to find 600 euros for the Ryzen R7 1800X, but more likely 750 with greedy stores, or are you going to get a slightly lower clocked model, they already said the turbo boost clock would be 4,0 ghz.
Skærmbillede 2017-02-08 17.59.10.png
I think the R7 1700X is the best value, considering X as being the unlocked CPU's in the line.

Also other sites said the CPU die size is 10% smaller than the Intel comparable models, now they are guessing that it might mean that Ryzen is cheaper to produce than a Intel CPU, so AMD has a winner and a Intel killer in the marked soon.

Also did you see Intel's desperate move to relaunch the Core i5's with the i7's hyperthreading, so now there is no reason to buy a core i7 anymore, but there wasn't even a need for it to begin with as everyone will jump on AMD for new builds as they are going to be much cheaper than Intel.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There were other lists leaked earlier this week. But this one seems genuine.

I will go for the top model, if it does not exceed 700€. That is what i accounted it for. That will be the most i have ever paid for a CPU.
Only pre-order prizes will be a bit higher. But AMD will make sure there is a large stock available at release.
So i will cut the greedy shop bastards out :lol:

I'm more concerned about the new AM4 chipset.
Where everybody is focussing on the new RyZen, the chipset seems to have been bugged. And that was the main reason for the later release.
It has its benefits too. Now RyZen will be a few steppings better, once released.

4Ghz is really something for an 8 core. But it still does not state if it is just single core performance or for the whole monty.

I will order my EKWB conversion kit soon®, or wait for a full cover block. I saw the IR vid of JayZ2Cents and even if i already knew that VRM can become hot, especially in watercooled systems with less airflow over them, i was surprised how hot.
A full cover block might be ideal. I was originally planning that for a Kaby Lake build.
But you can be sure EK will make them for RyZen too. MSI or ASUS Mobo probably.

There is another cool thing about the RyZen. You do not need to OC it manually. It will do it automatically, based on temperature and workload demands.

So cool :mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Latest rumors revert to the original price tags of just 500$ for the new high end top model RyZen 1800X.

AMD Ryzen CPU Cores/
Threads L3 TDP Base Turbo XFR Overclocking Unlocked Price
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X 8/16 16MB 95W 3.6GHz 4.0GHz 4.0GHz+ Ja $499
AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 8/16 16MB 95W 3.4GHz 3.8GHz 3.8GHz+ Ja $389
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 8/16 16MB 65W 3.0GHz 3.7GHz - Ja $319
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X 6/12 16MB 95W 3.3GHz 3.7GHz 3.7GHz+ Ja $259
AMD Ryzen 5 1500 6/12 16MB 65W 3.2GHz 3.5GHz - Ja $229
AMD Ryzen 5 1400X 4/8 8MB 65W 3.5GHz 3.9GHz 3.9GHz+ Ja $199
AMD Ryzen 5 1300 4/8 8MB 65W 3.2GHz 3.5GHz - Ja $175
AMD Ryzen 3 1200X 4/4 8MB 65W 3.4GHz 3.8GHz 3.8GHz+ Ja $149
AMD Ryzen 3 1100 4/4 8MB 65W 3.2GHz 3.5GHz - Ja $129
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Haha yea but that is USD and if you convert that to euros then it is always atleast 10% more :lol:

Not to mention the high demand for it, they'll sell at premium prices for a good while before coming close to the list price.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The difference is due to the absence of VAT in the US list prizes. EU is always including the (greedy 21% here) TAX.
It is still half of what Intel charges for similar performance.

I found some leaked 3DMK scores

:eeek:

I think RyZen is a winner :party:
Best bang for the buck will be the 1700X

Edit, the CPU used was a 1700X OC @ 4.0Ghz
Source WCCftech and VCZ
http://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-3dmark-be ... -i7-6950x/
https://videocardz.com/65913/how-fast-is-ryzen

There is another interesting article about keeping temps under 60 degrees celcius.
I always have said that chips should not exceed that value, even if manufacturers claim 95 degrees temp limits.
Higher temps will increasingly cause errors and miscalculations. Not to mention overall stability.

AMD confirms this by demanding coolers that can keep their flagship RyZen under 60 degrees, when OC.
The new auto overclocking, called XFR extended frequency range, will probably work more or less similar to Nvidia Pascal GFX, taking workload and temperatures in consideration. So no need to keep it running at high OC all the time. Performance will be there when you need it.

https://videocardz.com/65892/amd-ryzen- ... al-coolers

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hehe yea VAT is the devils work, in Denmark it is 25% x)

And yea and then AMD still has the 1800x still to show. So they are pretty impressive.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Strange thing is, that they used Tom´s Hardware benchmarks for the Intel and the AMD scores came directly from 3DMK.

Here is the comparison with 3DMK database scores only.

This suggests, that the number of instructions per clock are higher for the RyZen. 3DMK also scales better than most programs do. KabyLake will still be fastest per core. But DX12 will make games benefit better from multi cores. I don´t even think you will notice the difference when gaming. And 4 extra cores will make a huge difference with programs that support multicore.
Intel will be forced to release the SkylakeX much sooner. And for a lower price than anticipated.

RyZen brings back the AthlonXP times. :D

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Ryzen just turned up the heat even more on Intel :D As it turns out AMD's Ryzen chips can multi task as well or even better than Intel's newest offerings.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The RyZen hexacore 1600X performs as good as an Intel 6800K. In multithreaded optimized applications like cinebench.
It will only be priced at 259$, which is just over half of the Intel.

I foresee a major price drop at Intel and can only pity those, who are not well informed and just bought an Intel based system.

:mrgreen:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Oh yeah, they have got to be very butt hurt about it :lol:

Return to “PC”