AMD RyZen

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK ORDER IT NOAW :2thumbsup:

AMD's Ryzen CPU's just dropped, and preorder is now global 8-)

RIP Intel :lol:

- -

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I did order AMD. Not the CPU, but stocks :lol:

I will go for the 1800X, but not in pre sale ;)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:I did order AMD. Not the CPU, but stocks :lol:

I will go for the 1800X, but not in pre sale ;)
Epic, let AMD pay for your AMD build :lol:

Ah do you except problems with the first SKU's ?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I do not expect many issues with the chips, but i do with the Mobo chipset. Release has been postponed to fix the chipset. Mobo manufacturers had issues with it.
And you need to have them both work well, or it will not be a success.

Thanks to the delayed release, the 4.0Ghz has been reached. Which is massive for an 8 core CPU. :party:

I expect them to release a stable system. We will find out soon® enough. :mrgreen:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Jason makes some clever remarks here.

TBH i have never done this before. I usually wait to one or two steppings further before i order. Especially the Mobo chipset is a big question mark. I do believe the CPU will be solid. Especially the higher binned 1800X.
But it is true that AMD now gets the same treatment as Intel is used to. The ASUS Crosshair Hero proves that.

Fact remains that nobody knows how big the first shipments will be. And i'm most likely one of the first to get one. So for that reason i was prepared to pay a little bit more. Also because i have waited too long with upgrading my current rig. It has served me well.

So i do follow some of JayZ2Cents logic, but if you want to build a RyZen in March, you should pre-order to be sure to get one in time.
Same for the motherboards. Most initial issues will be fixed with BIOS updates. ASUS has a good rep in follow up on drivers and BIOS.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The first batch of RyZen CPU's will be over a million pieces.

Maybe pre-ordering was not really needed :loll:

On the other hand, if the RyZen performs as stated, they will sell like hotcakes. :party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Wow that's a shitload of cpu's, AMD is feeling really confident in their new architecture, but what remains to be seen is how well the launch will happen and hopefully without issues. :)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

They promised not to do a paper launch. Probably one of the reasons why the shops did not overcharge on pre-orders.
My shop is the only one in NL who already have them in stock. So my delivery is more or less guaranteed.

:mrgreen:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yea Nvidia could learn something, but then again those vampires feed the overcharging on their GPU's.

But supply and demand ;)

- - -

But if it wasn't me owning a already powerful pc base then i would also be inclined to upgrade to Ryzen, as i'm no fan of Intel and the way they do business and rip of their customers.

And i would like to do a ITX Ryzen build as it could be interesting, but i'd most likely opt of for one of the R5 Ryzen CPU's as 8 core's is to much for just gaming imo., but this is way out in the future as my 4790K is doing it very well for me, and the resale of it isn't really that good value yet, and Ryzen is most like punishing the value of my 4790K down, so might just find a ITX board my cpu to save money. ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

According to some rumors from early bench marking, the RyZen 1700X goes to 4.0Ghz easy, but only on the 370X boards with proper VRM.
The 1800X is rumored to go past 4.4Ghz on all 8 cores. :eeek:

If i can let it run stable at 4.0-4.2Ghz, i'm already set.

The high end motherboards have a multi phase OC tool, that let you boost performance with just the press of a button. OC will be easier than ever before.
Reading from these early bencmark reports, is that VRM are very important. So OC all 8 cores will require a lot of amps. that 95W TDP will be more symbolic at stock speeds. If it is really that easy to gain more performance with a simple push of a button, nobody will run it at stock speeds.

I don't know if that will be all true, but AMD RyZen seems to bring the battle to the ring with Intel's Enthusiast CPU series Broadwell. :violence-guntoting:
Of course Intel will release the SkylakeX later this year. Probably keeping the crown for the fastest CPU, but they will have to make adjustments to their pricing.

AMD stocks went up almost 10% today. And if these results will be sustained with independent benchmarks, that will go on for the upcoming weeks or even months.

Return to “PC”