AMD VEGA

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Price will even be 999$. So 200$ less than the pre-order price.
A watercooled version will be released later at 1.500$.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3202659/ ... an-xp.html

http://pro.radeon.com/en-us/radeon-vega ... -purchase/
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

According to some benchmark tests, RX Vega 64 performs somewhere between a GTX1070 and a 1080. Maybe a bit disappointing for those wanting a full Titan competitor. But still a very good performance from AMD.

They have put themselves on the map again with the ongoing CPU wars. And now they take on Nvidia in the popular higher end and midrange GPU market.

All depends on price performance now. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yea, but the Vega RX cards have 12 terraflops, while the GTX 1080 only has 8-9 terreflops of power, so just you wait for the optimized drivers etc.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Some OC Vega RX 56 Vs. GTX 1070, its a draw :mrgreen:

AMD has maybe some good improvement, and with Volta confirmed not being launched for gamers for years to come then AMD might have a shot at grabbing the marked share.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nvidia will have a secret weapon when AMD launches a serious competitor. Now they only have to adapt some pricing, which they already did with the GTX1080ti launch. Nvidia anticipates a lot better than Intel does.

The whole industry is now focusing on 4K 3D at 120fps or more. And all components need to be there. So that will take 2-3 years to complete. All hard and software need to take advantage of the new technology and new standards have to be made to sync all efforts. At least they did learn from past mistakes like the triple video cassette standards ;)

Personally i do not see myself putting on ski goggles for hours to escape reality. But there will be a market for that. When PC monitors and TV screens can do 120fps and support 3D with circumpolar glasses, i might give it a try. That is similar technology as used in 3D theaters now.

AMD is back on multiple fronts and might also be interesting for crypto miners.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The Vega design tops the rest IMO. Of course 3rd party vendors will apply custom coolers, but i do like the simplified desigh of the RX Vega 64.

Performance wise, it enters the market between the GTX1080 and GTX1070 from Nvidia, but with a lot of potential and headroom left. Computational it can match a GTX1080Ti and AMD does not block features in drivers, like Nvidia does in favor of its pro series (Tesla).

Only downside these days are the crypto currency mining applications, that push the retail prizes through the roof.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There is a lot going on with AMD Vega pricing.

My take on it; you can not expect a rebate on a brand new product. They obviously have 2 different packaging versions. One with discount on other hardware, game bundles etc. And another without. But retailers will sell them for the price they can. AMD can not dictate the price.
Add to that the high demand due to crypto miners and gamers who are sick and tired of Nvidia and you have a situation where resellers will easily charge 100$ or more on top of the list price. This is nothing new. Be first and pay the prize :oops:
As soon® as the cards will be rolled out and stocks get filled, prices will stabilize. Just like with any other new and anticipated product.

Only thing that really needs improving is AMD's communication skills. :twocents-02cents:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

https://youtu.be/O7PlV8xRK0I

So much cooler 8-)

Return to “PC”