AMD VEGA

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Despite rumors about an earlier launch this year, AMD sticks to the original plan to launch VEGA in the first half of 2017.

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yes, and i can't wait for the details to come out, as i hope they make something good this time around.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

They are targeting 7nm for 2018. Too soon® ? The smaller manufacturing standards are causing issues already. Including low yields.

But the 16Gb HBM2 on the Vega that will be released in the second half of this year will be targeting the GTX1080Ti, that will be interesting.

:party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

7nm damn, Intel isn't even doing that yet, i love to see Radeon lead the way again, but maybe they should just focus on the thing at hand now and just get the VEGA cards out now.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

IT IS TIME FOR VEGA

The AMD Radeon live stream for vega starts in abotu 20 minutes now, so time to load up twitch.

And the snippers at Nvidia is doing something too, but much later today, probably the GTX 1080 Ti
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

According to 3D MK TimeSpy benches, Vega will be as fast or faster than a GTX1080ti. :o

:party:

PS Time to buy some extra shares in AMD... :smoking:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

After AMD stock plunged ridiculous on 1st quarter results, i bought another bunch of them. :party:

RX Vega will be introduced 31 of May. A lot sooner than expected.

Lisa Su should get an action figure :lol:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Buy them when they are low and sell out when it peaks, easy money 8-)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

First VEGA cards hit the shelves. VEGA Frontier Edition.
Pre-order for 1.200$ that is Titan X territory.

But these cards are targeted at scientific and professional users. A bargain for prosumers.

One more thing;

PG100 10.3 TFLOPS
Vega 13.1 TFLOPS

About 30% faster in applications that use specific demands. And that is compared to the Nvidia Quadro 5.000$ cards.
Are they doing the same to Nvidia as they are doing to Intel now.... :think:

PS; As Nvidia has refused to give me any upgrade options for my now "obsolete" TitanXP, i will look very closely to VEGA for my next flagship upgrades.
But rumors are that Nvidia will push their Volta release forward. Just like Intel was forced to do with Coffee Lake.
Nothing beats some competition. And just for doing that AMD should be rewarded.

PPS; Volta will use GDDRX2 or X3 and no HBM. So VEGA will have the edge in memory bandwidth. And with these new GPU architectures, we have already seen what a couple of Mhz more RAM speed can do for performance. Especially FPS consistency. Being part of the HBM development must pay off.
Nvidia has stated that using HBM2 will be too expensive for their consumer cards. Weren't their top tier cards not already too expensive for consumers?

Return to “PC”