Intel SkylakeX

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

With RyZen attacking Intels Broadwell line up of enthusiast processors, they will have to strike back with their upcoming SkylakeX.

Rumor is that they are working on a 12 Core 24 Thread version that will kill everything. :eeek:
That sounds more like a Xeon Server Processor for home use, lol :lol:

It will be very interesting to see what Intel can deliver when they are poked. They might have some irons in the fire of the ancient Intel forge.

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yes but at what price, greedy Intel just got kicked in the stones and now they have to change their pricing.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It was about time they got kicked in the silicones. :teasing-nutkick:

I don't dislike Intel. On the contrary. They have been marketleaders for a reason.
But without competition they will start to act like monopolists. They already do to some extend.
Right now everybody seems to be happy Intel finally gets some competition again.

But they will strike back. And their most important market are the professional enterprises. They still strongly rely on Intel.
The moment AMD starts tapping into that market, will be the moment it really starts to hurt for Intel. Right now it is more like a poke. But a good one and at the right time.

Intels next new architecture is planned for 2020. If nothing changes and AMD succeeds, the next 3 years will be interesting.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Just like AMD, Intel will launch a 32 core (physical) CPU in the SkylakeX line up.

That will be a monster. With the same optimizations Skylake/Kaby Lake has an most likely higher clocks, it will be the new King to beat.
You can only imagine the price they will ask for it. 2.500$ ? :shock:

This will be Intels answer to the recently resurrected AMD. Will it be enough?

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Intel has moved the launch of the X299 platform even more forward. They seem to not want to waste any time with AMD breathing in their necks.

Rumored launch day is now may 30th. :party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

And a rumored launch price of a million euros :lol:

Who cares about greedy Intel anymore ?
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Intels new flagship for the 2066 socket will be the 12 core 24 thread. If rumors are correct. With their current pricing strategy that would be a 2.000$ chip. :shock:

But AMD will launch a 16 core 32 thread CPU on their enthusiast platform. And extrapolating their current price strategy, that one could well be sold for under 1.000$, leaving Intel toothless.

But i do expect the new SkylakeX to perform a lot better per core and clock. As it is based of the same technology as the current Skylake/Kaby Lake generation. And these rock. Especially if they use proper solder and no toothpaste to mount the lid :oops:

I would not count Intel out yet, especially not for the ultimate performance crown. :party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Intel kind of have to use solder or face another shit storm, but you wonder if Intel owns some stocks in CPU cooler manufactures, so then it would make sense for them to use worse thermal paste to heat the chips up making them require a CPU cooler :think: :P

Also with AMD undercutting them, it means only a truly die hard Intel fanboy would get Intel considering the extra premium in price.

But right now AMD vs. Intel is let this :teasing-nutkick:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Intel continues to use TIM Toothpaste for their high end CPU's, instead of soldering them properly. Their argument is that it saves time.

Overclocker Der8auer has revealed this. TIM is a lot worse for heat dissipation from the CPU.

Even a donkey does not hit the same rock twice. :angry-banghead:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

There will be the 18-core i9-7980XE-processor. For the 2066 platform and X299 Chipset.

That is 18 core, 36 threads and based on the Skylake architecture.
Without a single doubt it will be the fastest consumer CPU you can get.

I think someone should poke Intel more often. :lol:

Return to “PC”