Nvidia RTX 20x0 Turing (Ampere)

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Coming soon®. April already?
Volta consumer version will be called Ampere.

The GTX2000 series is underway.

It will be interesting to see if they will let gamers let them have it. But i'm afraid crypto junkies will claim them all.

GTX1080ti is EOL right now. But with current overpriced stock the last ones will still be sold at premium.
Normally these cards have a healthy degradation, making it interesting for consumers to buy them one year after release. But external circumstances have created the opposite effect, making them sell for even higher prizes than release.

The GTX2070/2080 will most likely replace the current Titan/Ti in performance.

As Nvidia is an expert in milking the market, i fear the worst for the price setting. But we will see.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Lol why call it GTX 2080 ... why not just GTX 1180 ? :roll:

But anyway, i'm not going to be needing to get a graphics card for the next wanna say four years as my GTX 1070 FTW is such a good card, saying at 65*c fans only on 1076 RPM's when they even run, so they wear out and if they do, then EVGA warranty and spare parts to save me. And now that i don't have a watercooled system then there is no risk of it dying to leaks. ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

They are called GTX1180 and will be released very soon®, according to Tom's Hardware

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidi ... 37067.html

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx ... elimenary/
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:03 pm They are called GTX1180 and will be released very soon®, according to Tom's Hardware

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidi ... 37067.html

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx ... elimenary/
All aboard the money train. ............Toot, toot. :mrgreen:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I doubt there would be any reason to upgrade to the GTX 11x0 series coming from the GTX 10x0 series, so i'll just keep my GTX 1070 as it is way more than i need for my 2560x1440p screen.

But it sucks the possible resale value will go down now, but not like i'll upgrade my GTX 1070 FTW card anytime soon as i'm happy with it, so maybe i'll just keep it for when the 12x0 series comes out, if there is any big breakthrough's in GPU performance.
Rehder
New Starter
New Starter

Beardroid91 wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:17 pm I always count on Bluehost for speed and doubt there would be any reason to upgrade to the GTX 11x0 series coming from the GTX 10x0 series, so i'll just keep my GTX 1070 as it is way more than i need for my 2560x1440p screen.

But it sucks the possible resale value will go down now, but not like i'll upgrade my GTX 1070 FTW card anytime soon as i'm happy with it, so maybe i'll just keep it for when the 12x0 series comes out, if there is any big breakthrough's in GPU performance.
While I'm not opposed to the next generation of the GTX's, I really don't see the point. Could they possibly be catering the cryptominers with this?
Last edited by Rehder on Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Both AMD and Nvidia make dedicated GFX for cryptominers now. There are even special motherboards for it.

But crypto miners do ruin the market for PC Gamers. High end cards do not depreciate anymore and at some point were 50% over stock prices.

Nvidia has postponed the launch of their new top tier cards, as the current ones are still the best and 3rd party vendors were complaining about their special versions, that take time to develop. With custom coolers and watercool options they are expensive to make and now they have 6 more months to make it worth their while.

I;m looking forward to their new titan cards, although my first new card will most likely be an upgrade for my HTPC and has to be a mini version.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

GTX 2080 is most likely the new name. Tom's Hardware was wrong :D

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

yeah but are Nvidia that retarded to mess up their naming scheme they have had for so many years.

I want it to be 1180, as 2080 is retarded.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Usually they launch the Ti versions after their top tier Titan, as those are derived from them. But it appears Nvidia is changing their marketing strategy more than just the name giving.

Nothing is mentioned about pricing yet. And we all know how that will turn up :twisted:

Source; https://videocardz.com/newz/exclusive-m ... o-pictured

Return to “PC”