Show your rig

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have recently "finished" rebuilding my simulator to make the new Wheel fit.

it is really cool to drive this way especially during longer runs. And IMO it adds to the immersion of a driving game.

This one is fitted with a built in sound system and reinforced in some places to deal with excessive force ;)
It is equipped with the new Fanatec Club Sport Wheels and CSP V2 pedals. It has a quick release so you can change wheel rims, depending on type of game. I have both the BMW GT2 and Formula rims.
It has a footrest. Very important for the longer stints and most raceseats you can buy don't have it.
When i first made this thing over a decade ago, nobody ever heard of a play seat or sound bar lol :ugeek:
I'm not a welder so i made it from wood, it also enhances the sound quality. With 2x 10" Subs mounted in the rear, you don't need seat shakers or butt kickers either. :shock:
Seat is adjustable like in a real car. I used a real MOMO race seat for it and recently fitted it with some OMP pillow stuff for a more comfy ride.
And off course it has small wheels for easy movement and maintenance.
Monitor is an old 32" TV and it works pretty well. No fancy triple screen setup. Maybe something for a future upgrade ;)
Other planned upgrades are the new Club Sport shifter (when it is released) and maybe a mouse pad. Finish the paint and mount some metal footrest stuff. A device like this is always work in progress.

Still needs some work, but it drives like a charm
I had a lot of fun building it and enjoy driving this way in the game 8-)

Some pics from the re-build and the current state

And in its finished state
2013-06-28 16.50.32.jpg
2013-06-29 11.06.05.jpg
2013-06-29 11.19.27.jpg
2013-11-08 11.31.18.jpg
Siminstruments Dash 004 (1920x1080).jpg
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

That’s some nice bit of kit MadMan 8-)
Image Image
Xlthuathopec
Rookie
Rookie

A keyboard. Attatched to an Alienware M15x with 8GB of RAM, An intel i3 Duo-COre Processor and an Nvidia GeForce 460x GPU.

Eventually I'll build my own gaming laptop, but this gets me along fine for now C:
gazw1980
New Starter
New Starter

wow, that's one seriously nice bit of kit MadMan well done Sir...my rig? Leather couch and ps3 controller :D at least my monitor is bigger than yours, 46" :lol:
PSN ID:gazw1980
TDU2 Level:73
Club:Tartan Terriers *Level 3* (President)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

gazw1980 wrote:wow, that's one seriously nice bit of kit MadMan well done Sir...my rig? Leather couch and ps3 controller :D at least my monitor is bigger than yours, 46" :lol:
Hehe, i have a second copy of TDU2 on my HTPC and play on the big screen there with a wireless XBox controller. Totally different game experience and very nice for the easy cruises. A more relaxed way of playing games for sure.
I played Skyrim there recently and it surely raised some neckhairs, :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Gatorbait771
Mechanic
Mechanic

I have a G27 which I place right in front of a 55" monitor on the floor....the ottoman behind me is shaped so that it grips me like a racing seat, and I'm all set! Although for TDU2, I generally use a standard DS3 because the feedback is not so great ;)

I'm looking into Playseat evolutions...but those things are expensive! :p
PSN: Gatorbait771 (Level 70) and GTP_Gatorbait (Level 45) Club: TDU2 Legends UK

YouTube: IllustriousGatorbait

If you pull out a car I don't own in my lobby, you'll meet my friend, the kick stick.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I’m Saving up for one of these, will have enough money for it when TDU 8 comes out :lol:
[youtube]DxMGdF_i8QI[/youtube]
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bezrider wrote:I’m Saving up for one of these, will have enough money for it when TDU 8 comes out :lol:
Lol, that reminds me of all those D-Box devices that are supposed to be supported by TDU2 now.
I still have not heard of anybody who actually drives one of those. Maybe Nadal does :lol:

There are some very cool frames out there. Not all look like a construction site. Home builds with aluminum profiles are very good as well.

I personally like the Vesaro. Looks very cool and can be upgraded according to wishes. (Also with DBox :ugeek: )

http://vesaro.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here a vid for the lolz
[youtube]4WDk1ndGWLQ[/youtube]
[youtube]XPoCBm5_obw[/youtube]

gazw1980
New Starter
New Starter

MadManCK wrote:very nice for the easy cruises. A more relaxed way of playing games for sure
Recently picked up a recliner suite which helps, normal position for racing, reclined for relaxed cruising :lol:
PSN ID:gazw1980
TDU2 Level:73
Club:Tartan Terriers *Level 3* (President)
cheapshades
New Starter
New Starter

Return to “PC”