Show your rig

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

MadManCK wrote:Thats the one that was posted on the Ubi-Crew site. Lol. if you're handy with plumbing and tubing, it can be a very solid contruction.
Yes that's the one, and yes its very solid but also very light so would have to have a large footprint otherwise it might tip over. :o

MadManCK wrote: The 34" Curved Dell is in the pic. Looks a lot smaller than it is IRL. :D
Sorry I didn't notice but on a closer look I can see it is the curved one. :oops:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Finally got all the parts i needed for the next upgrade of my rig.

2x Mid-Bass speakers from HiVi research (F6).

This was a huge upgrade, sound wise. Should have done that long before. The sound reproduction is awesome. Maybe a bit over the top for a race rig, but i like it.

Fanatec Club Sport Wheelhub V2.

A worthy successor of the V1. Big difference is the single brushless motor. This provides a smooth and strong FFB. Need to get adjusted to get the most out of it.

Fanatec Club Sport Pedals V3 and damperkit for the brakes.

These pedals feel more or less the same as before with the V2. Brakes need more force, which is a good thing. And the V3 has FFB on both the brakes and throttle, where the V2 had only Feedback on the brake pedal. FFB effects are a bit less pronounced than the V2. But that needs adjustment. Also these effects are not supported by all games. Most not for now. But that can change.
I also consider getting a damperkit for the throttle. That will mount a lot more easy as the damper needs to be fitted lower there to avoid too much resistance.

Sounds like a simple upgrade but it was not. I had to enlarge the holes for the speakers by 3mm, lol. As i can not use a Jigsaw near all the electrical components and PC over here i had to completely disassemble the dash and take it to another location. After remounting the speakers fitted perfect and the rewiring also went well. I already adjusted the crossover filters to put more of the spectrum towards the mid bas speakers. Only the real low goes to the subwoofers now.

The wheelhub needed new mounting points as i now use the taps from the Fanatec mount. With 4 steel M6 bolts it is more rigid mounted than ever. I also had to move the hub a bit forward to make room for the speaker rims.

The V3 pedals come with upgrade options. I went for the damper kit for the brakes, which turned out well. But to mount them was a real hassle. First i needed to dismount the FFB brake motor and place it in another bracket. Than mount it upwards. This to avoid the motor hitting the damper. Lots of precision work. But the motor is vulnerable now, mounted this way. Not optimal designed IMO.
Big advantage of the V3 is the similar pedal base they used for the V1 and the V2. So the drilling points matched. Bolted down with steel bolts.

Only the handbrake has a different connector. Good thing is that you can now plug it in from outside, so the circuit board has not to be exposed first.

Some cool upgrades for my rig. There are some things i like to do in the future, like replace the almost 20Y old MOMO Race bucket and create a surround sound system in it. But that is all for later.
Time to enjoy and do some driving. 8-)

Some pics of the build and the final results.

SAM_0487 (1920x1080).jpg
SAM_0490 (1920x1080).jpg
SAM_0493 (1920x1080).jpg
SAM_0499 (1920x1080).jpg
SAM_0500 (1920x1080).jpg
SAM_0504 (1920x1080).jpg
SAM_0509 (1920x1080).jpg
SAM_0515 (1920x1080).jpg
SAM_0518 (1920x1080).jpg
SAM_0520 (1920x1080).jpg
:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Looks awesome :D I love those pedals. :drool:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

The sim rig looks good, hopefully it plays better than before. ;)

Return to “PC”