Case Modding

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That looks really nice. A complete methamorphosis.

Cable mods is cool too. Looking forward to the end result of your build. All ingredients are there now. :lol:

PS You can see a bit where the 2 pieces of MDF are glued together. Maybe in the future you can sand the sides some more and use some filler to smoothen it out ;)
But i guess you are done sanding for the next couple of months. :lol:

The combination of white and black really works there. I see you also painted the outskirts of the grilles white, what makes them stand out a bit more. 8-)
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:Looking forward to the end result of your build. All ingredients are there now. :lol:
You and me both :mrgreen:

I have nearly everything i need to complete it, i working on a LED strip mount, which would be mounted right under the H100I GTX's radiator to shine at the motherboard and top half of the case, but the trick is to make so it can't be seen, or the led light shine out of the case or light up the sidewindow which doesn't look good.

The LED in the bottom is hidden well at the under the compartment floor, so you won't be able to see it when the pc is turned of.

But do i go (blue-top, red-bottom) or (white top/bottom), the strips (blue and red) i have from the older build still works, but those where cut versions. But there is also the option to go for RGB strips which as an added bonus can be lightness controlled, but then a fair bit more expensive. It's a real headache :think:

But i think i'll give the blue 'n red theme a go first.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Hey Bear that case mod is coming along nicely can't wait to see it finished with the lights it will look awesome. :rightthumbup:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Thanks Bez, yes it is coming alone - or atleast it was.. i'm at the moment holding of the build, because i don't have enough zipties, which in a case like mine is essential and made even worse with all of the single sleeved CableMod cables, so i ordered 400 2,5x15 mm zipties from China about a week ago, the seller shipped them 6 days ago, so it well be about 4-7 days more before i can except to see them.

But i'm also busy playing Witcher 3 right now, plus the rainy weather is not helping :P
__

@ Mad
The top MDF panel could have been sanded abit better, but i didn't see it until i had painted and mounted it to the case, but i don't think it is bad enough for me to have to take it of the case and sand it better and then re paint it, when it already look decent enough, besides i'm not going for the 100% perfect finish i'll settle for 90% :lol:
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Just for the fun of it i made a drawing of how my system could end up looking if i decided to custom watercool it, which i must say is a tempting idea.
Custom waterloop (swifttech H220-x).png
But as you can see i my idea is build around the Swifttech H220-X cooler kit, but then i would expand it with a 120mm radiater (Alphacool NexXxoS ST30), and then EK GTX 970 WF3 block + backplate, and lastly i would use the filport on the H220-X to mount piece of tube with a stop fitting on to allow is filling and draining of the water loop.

Oh and it would be white Primochill 10x13mm hose i would use along with a some black anti-kink hose springs.

It could end up looking abit like this system, but with a very different tubing routing ;)

I think it would look awesome, but i fear the price would have me reconsidering the plan a few more times before during it :lol:

But the plan as of now, is to replace the Corsair H100i GTX with the Swifttech H220-X - only problem is that the H220-X is either over priced or out of stock across Europe, but i talked to a store about it and they "think" they would get a shipment of them in stock in about 14 days, so there is something to look forward to.

Either way the Corsair H100i GTX will be very easy to get rid of, as everyone is lusting for one :P while i just wish i had bought the Swifttech H220-X instead back when it was in stock :lol:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

You can always buy it directly from Swiftech. Just remember that you have to pay import rights when ordering stuff from the States.

It is out of stock with them as well. Must be a good product.
http://www.swiftech.com/H220-X.aspx

PS I would stick with the triple fan GPU cooler. Not much to gain from watercooling and a much cleaner look.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Talking about case modding, how about a computer in a desk?

:mrgreen:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I made a shoppinglist for a full loop watercool setup for my rig. :o

Alphacool
1x 240/30 radiator (Nexxxos) 55
1x 240/80 radiator (Nexxxos Monsta) 90
4x pressure fittings chrome 3/8ID 1/2OD (17077) 20
2x angled fitting 3/8ID 1/2OD (17151) 12
10x sealing caps (17160) 10
Universal Mounts for 80mm 20
HF Y-connector chrome 7
3x pressure fittings 15
SUBTOTAL Alphacool 229

EKWB
2x Fullcoverblock GTX780Ti (acetal) 185
optional 2x back plate (55)
Bridge parallel 20
2x pressure fittings 10
(Or 6x pressure fittings) (30)
CPU coolblock Supremacy EVO Acetal 65
2x pressure fittings and 2x angled fittings 10 + 20
D5 Pump Reservoir combo EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario 135
4x pressure fittings + 2x angled fittings 20 + 20
2x angled fittings 12
Primochill Red Tubing (PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 3/8 ID - 1/2 OD - Bloodshed Red - PFLEXA-12-R) 3(m) 20
4x 12cm PWM Fan (1500RPM) EK Vardar 60
SUBTOTAL EKWB 512 (567)

Cool Shop
Feser Aqua Ultra Pure water (5L) 12.5
Anti corrosion-algea Feser Base Glycol 2x 8
Shroud 2x Phobya 7mm Noise reduction 6
O-rings red + black Bitspower 8
fill port/drain Bitspower Sealing plug (3/8ID) 10
PSU Bridging tool 3
Work Mat, absorbant. 5
SUBTOTAL SHOP 44.5

TOTAL 785.50€

Total is without backplates and shipping costs.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Wow, that is expensive but there is a lot of good stuff of that list, that would be a epic system, made even more cool if you get a sidewindow :mrgreen:

And yes I could probably just order the swifttech from them, need to get the conversion inlet adapter which allows for G1/4 fittings, the adapter is only sold by Swifttech's online store.

Mad, I might as well cool the gpu too, but I think I'll wait on that, seeing as I might sell for nvidia's next card, or somethink like it.

Nut think I'll upgrade the S. H220-x with white primochill even if I only use it for the cpu ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I will adapt that list later and simplify the amount of fittings needed. I will order N+1 for all types of fittings. So i always order one more of each i need.
And there are some mounting materials that need to be added. Like tie-rips, brackets and maybe just a big bag with bolts.

The list gives an impression of the insane costs of a decent water cooling setup, if you create a custom loop.
All parts are premium and i only use the same brand fittings on either radiator or cooling blocks, as some have different threading etc. This way i will be sure they fit.

And i will try to get everything in 2 or 3 shipments, to save on shipping costs. ;)

Return to “PC”