Case Modding

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I my a plan over all of the fittings i will need for my build
2015-06-14 02.03.18.jpg
But sadly i made the discovery that the 120mm radiator i had planned to use won't clear the PCI slot covers, so i will have to be creative when i mount it to the case ;)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Sorry i have been so quiet, but i have a build log over on Overclock.net, which is where i am most active now, as it is a really great modding community ;)

If haven't post here then check the link to my build log on OCN in my signature :)

But not much have happened, but i did get my fittings and the Alphacool GPX GPU block, but i just stole a EK GPU block for 78 euros so i'll have to sell the other block some how.

Also my 120mm radiator, and finally the Swiftech H220-X is on it's way, so the fun can soon begin :mrgreen:

But this is how the case looks now:
I sleeved the rainbow colored front connect cables with some black paracord
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I have seen the build blog on Overclockers.net. Very cool thread. We can split up your build here to a separate thread, but that would be a lot of work :lol:

Keep them coming. That EKWB you snatched yesterday will be the final piece to the waterloop.

PS Nice job on the sleeving. I know from experience what a hassle it can be :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

As i'm doing some research to get ideas and inspiration for my upcoming project "Overchill", i came along this video. It shows a custom side window for the Cosmos II, the same case i have.
My initial idea is to keep it as stock from the outside as possible. But that side window looks sweet. Might be a nice feature and also shows the inside.

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Mad if you build is overchill what is mine then :mrgreen:

But some nice idea in that video, i really like Bill Owens work, he is a great case-modder
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bear304 wrote:Mad if you build is overchill what is mine then :mrgreen:

But some nice idea in that video, i really like Bill Owens work, he is a great case-modder
Lol, you nicked my original combo of primochill blood-red tubes and nickelplated fittings. But it surely does look good. :D

These guys also have a very nice machine shop. And being sponsored by EKWB does help a lot as well ;)

I liked the project more than the end result. The case-mod was awesome, but it looked empty. I will do things different. Won't do much on the outside either.
But these build videos give you a lot of ideas of what is possible.

Maybe i will start assembling parts this year already. So when the Pascal enters the playfield i can grab it with a custom waterblock. Or a version with waterblock mounted, like the 980ti with EK block. That is just awesome. But something like that will surely be released once Pascal goes live. I have the patience to wait for that one. Should be good.

:party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:Lol, you nicked my original combo of primochill blood-red tubes and nickelplated fittings. But it surely does look good. :D
LOL i know about the red tubing but i didn't know about the nickel fittings too :lol: If it makes it any better then i using a single black 90* angle fitting (have to get a nickel) and small piece of black EK ZMT tubing as the red primochill could not make bend i needed, as it was a 5 cm long tube with to fittings on each end, and have to drop down in a 45* angle and the Primochill just would not bend that much, but the EK ZMT is soft of butter and extremely flexible :D

Yes Bill Owen knows a ton, and there is plenty of wild ideas in every of his videos :mrgreen:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

We will definitely not be the only ones who will use Primochill Redtubing with EK fittings. It is just a smart way to get the same effect as red dye. And red colorant will only look good for a short while. After that it will start to build up clutter in your stream and blocks.

But i might use Tygon® industrial tubing, medical grade for my build, depending on the type and color of my new Mobo.
My preference is still the Primochill Red.

Also depends on getting a plexiglass door for my Cosmos II. With holes for fans at the bottom.

A little bit of planning ahead is always good. :party:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:We will definitely not the the only ones who will use Primochill Redtubing with EK fittings. It is just a smart way to get the same effect as red dye. And red colorant will only look good for a short while. After that it will start to build up clutter in your stream.

But i might use Tygon® industrial tubing, medical grade for my build, depending on the type and color of my new Mobo.
My preference is still the Primochill Red.

Also depends on getting a plexiglass door for my Cosmos II. With holes for fans at the bottom.

A little bit of planning ahead is always good. :party:
Get EK's ZMT tubing it is very nice to work with, it's only problem is the color, it is black so it is super stealthy the case, but it is the best tubing you can buy for no maintinese builds
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

So i have had my Asus TP300LA for a few months now, and in that time i have noticed that is a magnet for fingerprints etc. and the screen and the lid's brushed aluminium if just constantly full of fingerprints making for a less favorable experience. To combat this issue i both a anti- /glare /fingerprint screen protector for the lovely 13,3 1920x1080p IPS screen, and it works wonders for the experience :)

But now i have gotten the idea to maybe get a vinyl wrap for the lid and around the keyboard, as those areas get full of fingerprints and the laptop is so efficient that the aluminium frame remains ice cold, even during gaming, so every time you write something on the laptop's keyboard your hands gets ice cold, which sucks. So while looking for possibly new vinyl wraps for the Iphone 5S i'll pick up tomorrow i found a place that sells vinyl wraps for laptops, but i can't decide which i like more, the black brushed alu. looks good but so does the black carbon fiber wrap.

What do you guys think ?

And before someone points it out, no i won't be putting on those cheesy vinyl pieces around the screen and touchpad.

Ideally i would like to have a carbonfiber lid and a black brushed alu. finish around the keyboard.

--

Also thinking about putting in a 8 gig ram stick in it, as the laptops ram is maxed out during web browsing, the Asus TP300LA has 4 GB soldered on the mobo and a 4 GB ram stick that can be upgraded to a 8 GB for a combined 12 gigs of ram.

Return to “PC”