Case Modding

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

`Lol, you want to wrap your laptop, because it stays too cold?

I have seen this EK solution for the Maximus VIII. Very cool, monobloc cools the lot, CPU and VRM. I like it.
http://www.ekwb.com/news/640/19/EK-rele ... herboards/

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:`Lol, you want to wrap your laptop, because it stays too cold?
Hah yeah it's a real luxury problem :mrgreen: But the [Intel core I7] sticking is not cold, but the aluminium is freaking cold for the handers when you rest your hand on the laptops alu. frame. I bought the brushed black alu. vinyl stickers for it, but i'm only going to use the one for the top lid and around the keyboard ;) I guess we'll see if it makes any difference in 25 days or so when it arrives from Hong Kong.

Those mono blocks looks nice, but they must be very heavy for the motherboard, as my mobo flexed alot with just the Supremacy Evo cpu block on it :lol:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Lol, you can use those fingerless gloves :D

The waterblock is an extended EK Supremacy Evo that also covers the VRM. It is heavy as it is made from Nickelplated Copper.
With CPU waterblocks mounted, most of the times there is very little airflow over the VRM, making them hot. This solves two problems at once and is a very nice solution IMO. I want a nickelplated top though. That should become available soon®

I use an ASUS 170 GENE mATX in my HTPC and am very content with it. The HERO has similar specs and is a normal ATX board. ASUS has an extreme version as well, but that one is not compatible with the EK full coverblock and also 400€, twice as expensive. I can have the HERO plus this block and still have some cash for pressure fittings and tubing. :lol:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Haha gloves would be a very last resort, but i think vinyl is thick enough the solve my issues ;)
MadManCK wrote:I want a nickelplatted top though.
Lol i thought you where all about the acetal waterblock tops :P

But it is very nice option indeed, i think they even made one for my board
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, acetal is very good as well. But nickelplated looks better on a large surface like that.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:Yes, acetal is very good as well. But nickelplated looks better on a large surface like that.
true, but the black acetal would fit in nicely on a black 'n red ROG board ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Not just black and red. But it might be the wiser choice to pick Acetal. ;)

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Remember that i ordered a 28 USD sticker skin for my laptop a while back, well now it has reached the customs and the seller the idiot that he is left a paper with the price details in the package, and then the Danish customs picked the package out for inspection and put a 35 USD import fee on the package that i have to pay if i want to get it :shock:

So i started a ticket at the place i bought it, as they have a buyer protection program, and now the seller is offering mesly 5 USD, which in theory only covers half of the the tax.

The seller claims that i am obligated to pay the custom, i think that is BS as he left the price details in the package as the customs know exactly how much to charge me, and if the package had had no price details in the package it would have cleared the control check as it would have looked like a gift shipment which isn't taxed.

So now i either want a full refund or for him to pay atleast half of the import fee. :twisted:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

If you order from outside of the EU, you can always be confronted with import taxes. What i do not understand is the height. 35 tax on a 26 sticker? Can't be right. Over here it is about 20% of the value.

If you paid with PayPal, you can ask for a refund. But you should have known about the import taxes. :twocents-02cents:

PS I had an import tax thing with my SimInstruments panel from Australia. They had the retail price on the box, so i had to pay the full VAT and Import taxes here. But small value packages are usually free.

:character-blues:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:If you order from outside of the EU, you can always be confronted with import taxes. What i do not understand is the height. 35 tax on a 26 sticker? Can't be right. Over here it is about 20% of the value.

If you paid with PayPal, you can ask for a refund. But you should have known about the import taxes. :twocents-02cents:

PS I had an import tax thing with my SimInstruments panel from Australia. They had the retail price on the box, so i had to pay the full VAT and Import taxes here. But small value packages are usually free.

:character-blues:
Never had this kind of issue before. :? and sorry it was "only" 30 USD

And it is 20% tax too here in Denmark, but the customs slap a work fee on it doing doing nothing but holding the package for ransom, and that is the expensive part...!

Tax is 6,5 USD
Work fee is 23,1 USD

It's absolutely nuts :shock:

And seller is pretty in different, he only wants to give me 5 USD, but fact of the matter is that this is his fault for including the pricing details.

Arh so annoying :(

Return to “PC”