Case Modding

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I don't really think you will run in similar overheating issues, as the radiator is also an exit for the hot air from the case. And with 3 exit fans in total, the chance that the hot air will stick in your case is very small.

One of the reasons your case did run hot was the overpressurized setup.

PxV/T=nRt (constant), so pressure times volume devided by temperature is constant.
A higher pressure with the same volume means higher temperatures. :ugeek:

Your new setup will be more balanced, so the heat does not accumulate in the case.
You probably need to clean the dust filters at the front more often.

Off course you can run the fans through the pwm on the MB, but maybe with so many fans it is time for a good fan controller. There are awesome 2 bay controllers with a small controll screen that let you adjust 4-12 fans or something like that. And you can make profiles as well, so you do not have to manually adjust them all every time. Your case has a front door, so everything that sticks out is a no go. But there should be suitable controller units.
And if it does not fit in the front, you can adapt a drive bay bracket, turn it 90 degrees or mount at the bottom and show it off through the plexiglass door at the side :party:

Something like this:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG_Front_Base/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Your MB has a special ROG connector for this panel.

Or this

http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/78-s ... an-control" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or a one bay solution

http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/77-s ... ntrol.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or external

http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/79-s ... an-control" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:occasion-snowman:
:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Guess we'll have to wait and see what sort of temps i'll be getting, but 70*c waste air from the gpu will have an impact it just a matter of how much.

Those fancontroller might be alittle overkill for me

I already have 2 fancontrollers; a -6x 5,25" (not used) and a 3x 3,5" with USB3 as the case didn't have that. But fancontrollers have a major flaw vs a mobo temp controlled fan, as fancontrollers only run at a chosen speed. It's a better idea to get some 4-pin PWM Y-splitters, i have about 3 of them.

I could run my out of case and intake fan with mobo control, and run internal fan with fixed fan to maintain cooling and air flow.

And yea the filters have to be cleaned about every two weeks, depending on the systems cooling needs, if i have been gaming alot it needs more air, and thus more dust in the filters.
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Maybe get the plexi glass slotted or drilled, im getting mine slotted with custom pattern a bit like coolermaster case window to help prevent pressure build up i run 8 fans on my system along with Corsair Hydro Series H60 SE Liquid Cooler

Thermal radar 2 is best fan controller i have found so far plus has alot of other info to

I personally think fan control units go in same category as my flashing LEDS just show pony thing :twocents-02cents:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The ROG controller is a different animal though. It works through a special connector on the MB and gives acces to BIOS/EFI profiles. So it can adjust the fans that are connected through the MB.

It also allows you to run instant OC profiles for testing or gaming. That way you can run your CPU at stock speeds when surfing or watching videos and only OC when you need the power.

In addition to that i think it looks cool. :lol:

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

The Dremel 3000 finally came in the mail a few minutes ago, so tomorrow the fun begins ;)

Btw. forgot to mention i bought a really nice quality pc-tech screwdriver set from IFixit.com, it is the 54-bit set, magnetic tips on everything, and it was only 20 euros, and i found a 5 euro coupon code in under a minute by a google search (( FIXIT2014 )) work last week, so save some on it, so i bought a anti-static wrist strap for that ;)

http://eustore.ifixit.com/en/Tools/Tool ... -Case.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All of the major Youtuber's use IFixit tools when they are opening up their hardware :P
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Ahh some more Man Jewelry :lol:

But good tools are the base for every great job. Just hide it from anyone who might wreck it someday ;)

Good luck with the build :party:

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Btw. forgot to mention i bought a really nice quality pc-tech screwdriver set from IFixit.com, it is the 54-bit set, magnetic tips on everything, and it was only 20 euros, and i found a 5 euro coupon code in under a minute by a google search (( FIXIT2014 )) work last week, so save some on it, so i bought a anti-static wrist strap for that
@Bear
Correct me if I am wrong here but I was always told not to use magnetic tools around PC hardware for static reasons , is this true or have I been mislead. :?
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Generally yeah, you should not touch a magnet to electronics, but screws are totally fine. btw their only just strong enough to hold the screw in place while you put it in or fishing it out of a screw socket ;)

But any strong magnet should be avoided, like the ones found in a speakers or a the reader head of a harddisk, but any sane person won't play with magnets and electronics .. or would they :scared-shocked:

PS. You are more likely to damage hardware by touching it with a static skin spark, so always ground yourself by touching something metal, like a radiator, before you handle pc components ;)

PPS ever heard an EMP? It's a Elektromagnetisk puls which can frie circuitboards, military can use it for warfare :P
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

PPS ever heard an EMP? It's a Elektromagnetisk puls which can frie circuitboards, military can use it for warfare
I think I saw a film with one of those in not so long back, Ocean's twelve :lol: or maybe 11 :?
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It is a strong Electro Magnetic Pulse that can cripple most electrical devices. Most Military equipment is shielded from it nowadays and i used to now people who developed chips that were capable of resisting an EMP.

The devices you see in TV series or Movies are more SF than anything else. There are ways, however to create an EMP for real.
They can also be caused by certain Natural phenomena, like earthquakes or solar flares.

:ugeek:

:back to topic:

Return to “PC”