Case Modding

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I made a list of what i would use for my loop, if i ever decide on doing it.

Coolerkit:
Swifttech H220-X - (167)
2x Alphacool Ultra Pure Water - 1L - (15)
anti Corrosion and -algae additive - (7)
Ball valve - (7)
EK G1/4 plug - (2)

Swifttech:
G1/4 pump adapter - (6)

Alphacool:
Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 120mm - (38)
Alphacool NexXxoS GPX - Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 M03 - incl. backplate - black - (90)

EK:
PrimoChill PrimoFlex™ Advanced LRT™ 12,7 / 9,5mm - Elegant White, 3m - (20)
PrimoChill Anti-Kink Coil 12,7 mm (1/2") - Black, 2m - (7)

EK Fittings:
Compression:
10x EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm - Black - (45)
Adapters:
3x EK-AF Angled 90° G1/4 Black - (20)
3x EK-AF Angled 45° G1/4 Black - (18)

The total is a jaw dropping 442 euros + (20+ extra for shipping etc.) :o

I guess i'll only get the H220-X CPU cooler for now, as it is just to expensive for me to watercool the rest of the system, but atleast now i know just about how much it would be for me to water my CPU and GPU. ;)

edit:
I think i'll just upgrade the tubing from the stock black to the white Primochill with the black anti-kink coils
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bear304 wrote:I think i'll just upgrade the tubing from the stock black to the white Primochill with the black anti-kink coils
It surely adds up pretty quickly, does it?

If you want to change the tubes, you will need to drain and flush the complete system. You can do that externally of course. And afterwards pre mount the whole kit, fill with new fluid and anti-algea (or colorant) and you are ready to go. Remember that these kits have no real draining solution. So everything has to be done outside of the case. Adding a fill port to one of the radiator plugs is a good one to get. An extra fitting with a short piece of tube to drain/fill it in the future is also advised.

A simple hose exchange is not possible. You don't really need the anti kink with the Primochill tubes, but it looks cool anyway.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:It surely adds up pretty quickly, does it?

A simple hose exchange is not possible. You don't really need the anti kink with the Primochill tubes, but it looks cool anyway.
It sure does, 6+ euros for a silly fitting it's nuts :shock

I think the solid white tubes with the black anti-kink coils will look the best in my case 8-) plus it matches the build theme really well.

Yes i'll have to get a short bit of tube that mount into the reservoir and then have it with a stop valve (ball valve) which i can connect a longer drain/filling hose to, or that is the plan, but to be honest i think i could make do with it it, as i could just as well bleed the loop out by taking the out each time.

Btw. found this very in-dept review of the H220-X, where one guy from Overclocker.net take it apart etc. lots a picture you never would see otherwise :D
http://www.overclock.net/t/1526779/user ... ech-h220-x
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It seems to have a fill/drain port after all. It is plugged.
This is really a good total package.

It has 1/4 threaded holes in the radiator, making it very versatile as well.
You will need new fittings for the CPU block and the Radiator as well.
The best fittings can swivel and are up to 10-20 a piece if you want them in black (you want to) if you pick them from a good brand.

You can not use the ones included, as the primochill hose is of a different diameter (larger).
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Heh yes the Swifttech is the complete package, it's no wonder it is out of stock everywhere :lol:

I saw EK made some Black 45* adapter fittings, which i could use on the CPU block and coming out of the pump/into the radiator.

Just to upgrade the tubing on the H220-X cooler then i would need the following parts, which costs 93 euros, but then i have a custom looking system, and it would be ready for adding a 120mm radiator and the GTX 970 to the loop out in the future.

EK's store:
4x EK-ACF Fitting 10/13mm - Black - (18)
4x EK-AF Angled 45° G1/4 - Black - (24)
2 meter - PrimoChill PrimoFlex™ Advanced LRT™ 12,7 / 9,5mm - Elegant White - (14)
2 meter - PrimoChill Anti-Kink Coil 12,7 mm (1/2") - Black - (7)

Swifttech's store:
Swifttech's G1/4 pump upgrade adapter - (9)

Coolerkit:
1-2x Alphacool Ultra Pure Water - 1L - (15)
Anticorrosion and -algae additive 50ml - (6)

Now i just need to get a Swifttech H220-X, but they are either overpriced or out of stock at the moment, so could be awhile.

But i could just aswell order the (Swifttech's G1/4 pump upgrade adapter) now as it is shipped out the USA so it could take forever to get to Denmark.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Assembly has finally started, i got my zipties :mrgreen:
__

I also got the idea to contact Antec for a replacement P183 V3 frontdoor frame which has USB3, as my cases, the P183 V2 only has USB2, so it would be worth the hearing if Antec had one in stock as they list it as spare parts for the P183 case, so hopefully they still have some in stock ;)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Made alot of progress, but i think i'll very soon reach the point where i have to move my hardware over into the P183 case :)

I don't think pictures of it now would be worth it, as it needs a white LED strip under the centerfloor to illuminate the fangrill there, tested with a blue LED strip and it didn't look good in the case anymore, so i have to replace the ones i have now with white ones, i used the Akasa Vegas LED strips they are very bright and cutable if needed.

Mounted all of my harddrives in the bottem drive cage, it looks really nice, as the CableMod cables improved EVGA's sata power cables from 3 to 4 sata power so i can power all of my drives / SSD's with one cable, i'm really happy that CableMod thought outside the box by during it :clap:

Also installed an intake on the top drive cage, which has a white fangrill on it, which in imo. fits perfect into the build 8-)

I'm also working on a 120mm fan mount to allow it to be mounted in the three top 5,25" drivebays, it's nearly done, as i'm only improving an old concept idea which worked well, but lacked refinement. But the top intake fan, as it will be called will only have have to spin once it is needed, or atleast that is the idea for now.

I may have also jumped the gun by ordering the G1/4 upgrade adapter for the Swiftech H220-X, but i think i'll get the that cooler soon, it is just a of a week or two, as it is backordered as Swiftech can't keep up wit hthe demand for it, which is a good thing as it shows it really works :D

I'll try to take some pictures of the case outside tomorrow to show what i have have done so far. I'm just really happy that i can take my time with this casemod and do it the way i want it. 8-)

I was shocked when i compared the top radiator mod V1 and V2 against each other :shock: they are worlds apart, and it really shows how a rushed casemod can end up looking, but see for yourselves. :mrgreen:
2015-02-15 22.06.42.jpg
2015-02-15 22.06.30.jpg
V1 VS. V2
2015-05-24 18.59.37.jpg
2015-05-24 18.59.50.jpg
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

As i'm if doubt about which color tubing to get then i have asked my local watercooling store Coolerkit.dk (com) if they could send me 5 samples of the Primochill 13/10 tube about 20cm of each to make it the price of a single meter, and also a EK ACF 13/10 fitting to test the fit with the tubes :)

I have asked for 5 sampels of PrimoChills 13/10mm red, blue, clear, white and black tubes.

I really hope they can work with me on it, as i find it hard to commit to buying alot of tubing and fittings without knowing 100% if they can work probably together.

edit.
They couldn't as they only would sell 1 meter, but they did confirm the fitting and the tube works together so that worth it ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

For your build grab the white tubing. No brainer really. Looks awesome and fits the theme. And those EK pressure fittings work with the Primochill tubes for sure as they sell those themselves :lol:

As my GFX vendor didn't want to trade in the 780Ti (figures, nice try anyway), i start thinking again about the full loop configuration. :think:

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Yeah i will go with white tubing, which was my place all a long ;)
___

After Mad and i spent most of yesterdays afternoon discussing pro's and con's of the EK GPU block and the Alphacool NexXxos GPX semi passive block then i have found enough evidence to say for sure i should get the Alphacool NexXxos GPX. As 1. It is cheaper, 2. It outperforms a EK block (same card/benchmark), and 3. The NexXxos GPX is upgradable, as you can detach the block core and buy a new passive cooling block for a new GPU card.

Price:
The EK block for my card comes in at 110 euros for the block only and 30 euros more for the backplate, so that's a grand total of 140 euros for a single block :shock:

The Alphacool NexXxos GPX comes in that 89 euros, and a backplate is included in that price. It's a solid win 8-)

Performance:
Being a core cooling design pays of in the cooling scores as it beat the EK block by a few degrees :P

Here is a guy installing and showing the temp drop in SLI with the GTX 970 G1's, it's a massive drop 8-) (remember those cards his showing is overclocked VERY VERY HIGH so the cooler works well :D

Upgrade-ability:
You can buy the passive full cover card coolers + backplates from Alphacool, which makes it future proof vs. ending with a expensive fullcover block you can use on the one card.

___

I think it is safe to say i'll be getting this waterblock for my GTX 970 G1 ;)

Return to “PC”