Sound Setup

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Best sound for PC IMO is still to hook it up to an Amp and speakers.
I have my HTPC connected to an Onkyo AMP and some serious speakers for the extra punch. 8-)
It rocks in Movies and Games.

But some of these PC speaker systems look very good and sound good as well.

On my desk i only have a Creative 2.1 speaker set and off course the sound from the sim. I bought them for the looks but they actually sound decent as well ;)

What sound system and PC setup do you have?

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

This is my setup:
logitech 5.1 speakers

I think they give excellent sound quality. :D
Image Image
snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bezrider wrote:This is my setup:
logitech 5.1 speakers

I think they give excellent sound quality. :D
i have a logitech Z906 5.1 500w sound system, this thing can get loud!!!!!!!!!!!!! Image
nathan is a mexican!!
Whoamus
Mechanic
Mechanic

Have an older Logitech 5.1 the 680 series. Still work very well and can rattle the whole house if cranked. Base on the floor with others mounted near the ceiling in the spare bedroom which is a home office sort of area. Makes for a great positional sound. A great set up for me.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I recently beefed up my PC speaker system to a more serious 2x small Behringer Studio Reference Monitors. They are a bit bulky on the desk, but you quickly forget that because of the sound quality they deliver. Very detailed, flat frequency and even a solid bass comes from these little miracles.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/B1030A.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

desk monitors (1920x1080).jpg
:violin:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

well lets see i also run older Logitech 5.1 680 series plus it depends on what im playing i also use my headset G930 i also run simvibe system not sure if that counts but runs through secondary sound card
Pca9
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I use a cheap speaker; Xtrememac tango bar, it isnt that good, but it was on sale and it does the job;)
Money may not buy happiness, but I'd rather cry in a ferrari than on a bus
steve30x
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

I used Logitech X540 speakers for about six years then two years ago I bought the Z906. Theres very little in sound quality even though I have an Asus D2 installed. I am thinking of buying the Corsair SP2500 speakers though. That speaker system is supposed to sound really good. I dont have the space to use a decent amp and speakers though. Also I am using a Zotac Zbox with Openelec as a htpc and the sound interferance from the HDD is awful when I turn on my Nehringer Truth B209A 360Watt active sub. Its only the subwoofer output it effects on my sony 7.2 amp though.
Fractal Design Define R4
Intel Core I5 760 @ 3.6GHZ 1.2V
Palit GTX680
Asus Maximus III Gene
8GIG Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600mhz
Corsair HX1000
BenQ XL2411Z 144Hz
Asus Xonar D2 Soundcard
Logitech Z906 Speakers
grimx133
Rookie
Rookie

I use a set of the Razer Mako speakers. http://www.trustedreviews.com/razer-mak ... ral_review" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; They are a 2.1 set with excellent sound, they'll shake the room. When I used a tv for a monitor, instead of the triple setup I use now, I had the computer hooked up to my Onkyo receiver and a couple of Paradigm monitor speakers. Sometime with a sub, sometimes without. Also a very nice sound.

Return to “PC”