Windows 7

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

im getting ready to buy a new motherboard cpu and memory and i dont know how Windows will react to a system change like this. anyone have an idea?
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

Im no expert but you might find you have to setup all your BIOS and may have few registry issues but you may also have no issue

When i swapped HDD over on my pc when i was having issues with my new SSD i put in normal HDD with a different win 7 installation from a old Acer PC and only issue i had was drive name C: etc because i run 4 HDD this was on brand new pc i had built
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Best to make a fresh W7 install and make an external backup of your important files (saves :whistle: ) first.
That way you won't get compatibility issues.

You will have to reactivate with M$ anyway.

PS Maybe get a small SSD for the OS. It rocks.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

no extra money. it was a hard enough sell to my wife to let me spend as much as i am. i had a bit of good luck at work, my boss landed a federal contract thats paying $30/hour. last weeks check i payed all the bills and rent, this weeks check is for me, and ill get one more next week and be done with the job.

my current setup is a 2.7 ghz amd64x2 with 2 gb of 800mhz ddr2. its going on 6 years old and is ready for retirement.
im getting an AMD 8 core Vishera 4.2 ghz with 8 gb of 2133mhz ddr3. i had to have a motherboard with the 990fx chipset so im getting a $150 Asus and will cost a total of $435 delivered.about a month ago i spent $99 on an nvidia 650, not the best card but it does work better than my old 9800, i figure it should be enough till the 760's come down in price ($250 right now).once i get a 760 i figure i should have enough hardware to last another 5-6 years.

im on the fence right now about a new monitor because the Oculus Rift is almost ready for release, and i want to wait and see what happens.they are supposed to be around $300,the cost of a midrange monitor.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

You can always try to give it a shot. Maybe it works. Windows 7 is very clever.
But you probably need CCleaner or 360Amigo or similar to remove broken links and traces from old drivers. Worth a try.

Anyway, good luck with the build. ;)

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

wow, UPS is on the ball this week. i ordered the super egg saver shipping (4-7 buisness days) so i could save $10 on Sunday. i wasnt expecting it till friday but UPS is fast this week and it was waiting for me when i got home.coolness.

lol, time to see how windows is going to like it.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Good news let me know how it goes :banana-dance:
Image Image
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

I did end up buying a new copy of windows, but that was because I bought a new hard drive. the new system is a monster. the cmos,called the bios utility is done with a graphic layout that even uses a mouse. there are three big buttons, slow is 3.5 ghz,medium is 4.0 ghz, and fast is running at 4.369 ghz. the memory is a simple pull-down that I set at 2133 mhz. I also set the hyper-transport to 2600.

the main reason for getting this is my Battleground Europe game, its the most cpu intensive. in a normal medium size battle my fps would run between 8-12 with player visibility set to medium (128 players) and corpse count set to 0. last night I was in a good medium size battle that would run at 8-12. now it ran between 35-45 with player visibility set at high (196) and corpse count set to 100 for 30 minutes.

during this time my HW monitor said I reached a max temp of 42 degrees. very happy with everything. all I need now is a 760gt and ill be set for the next 5-6 years
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nice, good to hear. :handgestures-thumbup:

Enjoy your new rig 8-)

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Sound awesome, I'm jealous :drool:
Image Image

Return to “PC”