AMD Goes 16 Core

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

AMD Goes 16 Core

http://www.cpu-world.com/news_2014/2014 ... otted.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Always wanted a powerful workstation? 16 cores will do the task, lol :rightthumbup:

Epic stuff

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Karu62
Apprentice
Apprentice

game designers cant keep up with all this new hardware. 16 core cpu's, Titan 6gb video cards. quad channel memory.

problem with the game makers are the single thread engines they have spent years developing. they don't want to just throw them away and start over with multi-threaded engines. too complicated, too expensive, and the engines they have now work as good as they want them to.

once they have squeezed all the performance they can out of single threads, then we will see brand new multi-thread engines.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

With this PS4 and XBox One generation, all games will be optimized for multi threading.

TDU2 also used multi core. But is still a XBox360 port. Much better optimized for PC than TDFRL for example.

What will be truly interesting is when multi GPU becomes standard. Quad GPU cards that will support 4K surround gaming and maybe even ray tracing.
It wont be long before games will look like TV series. Some series look like videogames already lol. :lol:

This concept of multicore CPUs that will only be activated when needed is a clever way to get more computational power. If it will give them a lead over Intel has to be seen.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

snake250
Apprentice
Apprentice

thats a lot of cores :O

99w is not bad for 16 cores when you see 120w from there 8 core fx chips, remember this is going to cost a bit to buy like when the pentium D came out it was 500$
nathan is a mexican!!
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It does remind me a bit of this though..

:eeek:

Return to “PC”