Show Your 3D MK Score

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Hmm the more i OC my graphic card the worse my 3DMark Vantage score gets :? Lol so i think i'll just let graphic card do its own thing, when we are talking about point drops of a 1000 when oc'ing it :shock:

But i did however find a better OC for my CPU, which gave it a little boost in the score, from 23012 to 23922

So the systems average score of 3 runs is P30421,33 and GPU = 33492,33 and CPU 23858,33

And by using the cpu's turbo boost mode, i made a profile so that i only have a 4.2 ghz cpu when i need it, this way it runs at 27* idle to 53*c load ;)

And lol im glad my mobo has a clear CMOS switch, as i overcooked the cpu by asking it to run at 4,6 ghz :lol:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Be careful with that, lol. Normally you take small steps to a higher level. Don't overcook your brand new CPU :eeek:

And if you can run it stable at 4.2 it is already more than enough to give you the edge in games.
Benchmark scores are nice stats, but nothing more.

:ugeek:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
grimx133
Rookie
Rookie

Was just looking back through some old scores, had a P22113 on 15May2010. Graphics 19327 and CPU 38964. Not too shabby for a four year old benchmark. Was on an i3 530 at 4151Mhz. and a couple of GTX260's in SLI. Back in the OC days eh.

edit - just ran vantage on my current, not overclocked, machine. P40646 with 35180GPU and 76143CPU.

However, I noticed that it was a four year old version of Vantage. So, I upgraded to the latest version, but it won't finish. Everything is fine till cpu test 2 "crash and burn" which the program proceeds to do, crash to desktop. :-(
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Nice score, or-though it sounds to be to high for a system with those old specs :?

But as you tested your system with a 4-year-old version of Vantage, then i guess it can't really be valid / compared to our scores, as the graphic and cpu stress-test's gets updated point-scoring systems for each new version ;)

Hmm that sure sounds weird about the crash... bad oc, maybe...?
grimx133
Rookie
Rookie

I don't think I overclocked this one when I built it last year, maybe I'll try downloading a fresh copy. Mine is the paid version of Vantage, and it upgraded that, instead of a fresh install. maybe an uninstall and reinstall will let it work.
Doubt if I'll have time for a few days though.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

grimx133 wrote:I don't think I overclocked this one when I built it last year, maybe I'll try downloading a fresh copy. Mine is the paid version of Vantage, and it upgraded that, instead of a fresh install. maybe an uninstall and reinstall will let it work.
Doubt if I'll have time for a few days though.
Yup i think the fresh copy might do the thick ;)

All in good time :mrgreen:
grimx133
Rookie
Rookie

Uninstall/reinstall didn't work, still crashes on the last test.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

grimx133 wrote:Uninstall/reinstall didn't work, still crashes on the last test.
Are your video drivers up to date :thrwocomp: (Just a thought) :think:
Image Image
grimx133
Rookie
Rookie

I was thinking I'd try installing Vantage in windows 8, probably do the trick eh.
grimx133
Rookie
Rookie

Crashes to desktop at the same point as it does in windows 7. That sucks.

Return to “PC”