Show Your 3D MK Score

A new rig to show off or just want help with the latest Tech, if it’s for PC this is the place.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

grimx133 wrote:Crashes to desktop at the same point as it does in windows 7. That sucks.
Wow thats annoying

Then it must be hardware related, are you sure all of you drivers are up to date ?

Hmm could it be the connection between the CPU and RAM... Have you tried some benching programs that target that area to try and troubleshoot it?

And lol i know just how frustration something like this is, i had bought new motherboard that couldn't in anyway run my graphic card, i had to send it back and buy a new one, and since then it has been smooth sailing :mrgreen:
grimx133
Rookie
Rookie

Maybe I'll try and run some SuperPi next time I'm at home, that's a cpu test. g/f goes back to work Sunday, after cataract surgery. Means I'll get to spend more time at my place. Probably overclock it a tad too, since I'll be running some other benches.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I've installed the GTX 780Ti and done a quick test. :D
Test before with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460(2x) http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5063022" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
P23754

Test with the GTX 780Ti http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5063059" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
P32104

:banana-dance:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nice :2thumbsup:

Graphics Score

:eeek:

Lol. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Welcome to the 30 K + club :lol:

Nice Score! :rightthumbup:

Wow 9 K jump :shock:

That's awesome Bez, hmm but the cpu is holding it back - like i thought it would, try doing a light OC, im sure you be able to crank some power out of it 8-)

Anyway 40 K graphic is nuts :mrgreen:
__

And i think another 6 gigs would do the system good ;)
(DDR3 1333 mhz isn't as pricy as it used to be now)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Ok tried a medium over clock and got this.
P35133
Graphics score 43803
http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5063275" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Might drop in back down a bit as some of the indicators on the mortarboard went from green to red, although the PC still ran ok :eeek:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Nice little boost, kwen there were more to be had from it :mrgreen:
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I saw i video of a guy who overclocked his Redeon HD 7950, and thought i would do the same with my card 8-)

I didn't go overboard on the overclock like many others have done, but i increase the core and memory clocks alittle at a time, and ran Vantage to test the impact of the OC.

I started from my cards stock clocks of 925 mhz core and 1250 mhz memory, and then after a few test bumped up the core clock to 1150 mhz and increased the memory clock to 1350 mhz, and i also set +13 % extra power in the options.

Now it runs great, with 29*c idle and under 55*c load :mrgreen:

And lastly my system's Vantage score and the OC'ed graphic cards new score, P32670 an increase of 2600 points :D

The OC'ed graphic card which runs perfectly fine with the new OC scored 37322 an increase of 4000 points

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5088438" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So i'm pleased with my new score and the systems performance :2thumbsup:
___

I played it safe on the overclock, the HD 7950 has been know to do well over 1250 mhz core and 1600 mhz memory speeds, but i like my card and would want to last atleast untill the next series of Redeon cards comes out 1-2 years down the line ;)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The cool part about that mild overclock is that you can use it for gaming. You will notice an increase of performance, without overcooking your card.
Higher numbers and voltages can damage your card and only serve a purpose to get higher benchmark scores. Not worth the risk.

:ugeek:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:The cool part about that mild overclock is that you can use it for gaming. You will notice an increase of performance, without overcooking your card.

Higher numbers and voltages can damage your card and only serve a purpose to get higher benchmark scores. Not worth the risk.

:ugeek:
Heh that's very true Mad, this is why i mostly overclocked the GPU core because it has very good cooling, which can handle it at full load, but the memory is my main concern about the OC, this is why i played it safe and only gave it a 100 mhz OC ;)

Plus i've gathered some info about others overclocking the HD 7950 and leaning about what the card can handle before i even started thinking of overclocking my card 8-) (And from what i've reading on forums so far is that the HD 7950 is a beast at overclocking :mrgreen: )

Return to “PC”