XBOX Scorpio

Have something to say related to the Xbox then post it here.

User avatar
Prepsi
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 652
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:28 am

Re: XBOX Scorpio

Post by Prepsi » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:32 am

If the next Halo comes to PC I'm going to consider selling my Xbone, as that's pretty much all the exclusives on PC.



User avatar
grooks10
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
moderator
moderator
Posts: 752
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:24 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: XBOX Scorpio

Post by grooks10 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:21 pm

So, apparently the new Xbox Scorpio is actually running games better and getting higher framerates than the original Xbox One. I find it strange that Microsoft wouldn't use this as a selling point. Maybe they just don't want people to buy into this one and wait for the more powerful Xbox later on if they want better performance. But either way, good job on Microsoft for both downsizing and upgrading! They certainly have learned from their mistakes!


XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)

User avatar
Prepsi
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
Posts: 652
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:28 am

Re: XBOX Scorpio

Post by Prepsi » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:28 am

grooks10 wrote:So, apparently the new Xbox Scorpio is actually running games better and getting higher framerates than the original Xbox One. I find it strange that Microsoft wouldn't use this as a selling point. Maybe they just don't want people to buy into this one and wait for the more powerful Xbox later on if they want better performance. But either way, good job on Microsoft for both downsizing and upgrading! They certainly have learned from their mistakes!
The One S is just the same hardware in a smaller package. The Scorpio is coming out next year.



User avatar
MadManCK
Veteran Racer
Veteran Racer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10690
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:17 pm
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: XBOX Scorpio

Post by MadManCK » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:36 am

Yes, there are two new XB1 developments.
The shrink version, that also happens to be faster and less hot due to a new smaller production procedure and slightly bumped up clocks.
And the new Scorpio that will be a lot faster and more powerful and released later.


PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

User avatar
grooks10
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
moderator
moderator
Posts: 752
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:24 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: XBOX Scorpio

Post by grooks10 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:45 am

Prepsi wrote:The One S is just the same hardware in a smaller package. The Scorpio is coming out next year.
Sorry, that's what I meant to say. I've been getting the two mixed up. But, to recover from my previous post, I have definitely heard that the One S is still running games better than the original One. Maybe it's the same hardware, or maybe they are running tests with new tech for the Scorpio without telling us...


XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)

snake250
Mechanic
Mechanic
Posts: 368
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:06 am
Location: the picture is nathan in real life! aka: the mexican

Re: XBOX Scorpio

Post by snake250 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:17 am

off topic: It's a shame how the Ps4 Pro won't be able to do proper 4K gaming due to the both CPU and GPU bottleneck... i think if Microsoft gets "Scorpio" Correct in pricing and performance that the PS4 might be in some what trouble as speculations say the console will have 6TFLOPs of Gpu performance which is basically RX 480 on the pc side of things which is a powerful GPU, and should be able to do some 4K gaming but either at ultra or high..


nathan is a mexican!!

User avatar
MadManCK
Veteran Racer
Veteran Racer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 10690
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:17 pm
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: XBOX Scorpio

Post by MadManCK » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:45 am

Lol, yes. Up to now the PS4 is slightly stronger than the XB1, but that will change soon® with Scorpio. New games, however, still need to be compatible with the "old" XB1, so the benefit will only be better fps, VR and higher resolutions. These do count for smooth gameplay. Some games that only run at 30fps now will do 60 on the Scorpio.


PS Remove Nathan as your avatar. Or do you worship him now? :lol:


PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

snake250
Mechanic
Mechanic
Posts: 368
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:06 am
Location: the picture is nathan in real life! aka: the mexican

Re: XBOX Scorpio

Post by snake250 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:14 am

MadManCK wrote:Lol, yes. Up to now the PS4 is slightly stronger than the XB1, but that will change soon® with Scorpio. New games, however, still need to be compatible with the "old" XB1, so the benefit will only be better fps, VR and higher resolutions. These do count for smooth gameplay. Some games that only run at 30fps now will do 60 on the Scorpio.


PS Remove Nathan as your avatar. Or do you worship him now? :lol:
I reckon quite a few games will get updates for 60fps for both consoles. Yes, reslutions for VR are important but the console will also need quite a bit of cpu horsepower. I know it might be a 8 core AMD chip but that doesn't mean much.. We might not see many 4K VR games because of factors....


nathan is a mexican!!

User avatar
grooks10
Pit Crew
Pit Crew
moderator
moderator
Posts: 752
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:24 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: XBOX Scorpio

Post by grooks10 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:40 pm

The only reason I don't care about 4K gaming: almost no one, including myself, owns a 4K TV. I guess you could argue that they are future-proofing their console, but that technology just doesn't matter much for the time it's coming out. All people seem to care about is having bigger numbers than the next guy, but they never really consider what they'll be able to do with those numbers. Granted, 60 fps is a plus, but it doesn't totally change the game. The only time frames are ever really a problem is when the frames are fluctuating, which makes it feel choppy.

So yeah, Xbox will probably have the better console by the end of next year, but how many people are actually going to buy into it? I doubt Xbox will even be able to double their console sales with this new one. But obviously I hope the best for both PS4 Pro and Xbox Scorpio because more power is better for all gamers! At least in the future it is!


XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)

snake250
Mechanic
Mechanic
Posts: 368
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:06 am
Location: the picture is nathan in real life! aka: the mexican

Re: XBOX Scorpio

Post by snake250 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:50 am

grooks10 wrote:The only reason I don't care about 4K gaming: almost no one, including myself, owns a 4K TV. I guess you could argue that they are future-proofing their console, but that technology just doesn't matter much for the time it's coming out. All people seem to care about is having bigger numbers than the next guy, but they never really consider what they'll be able to do with those numbers. Granted, 60 fps is a plus, but it doesn't totally change the game. The only time frames are ever really a problem is when the frames are fluctuating, which makes it feel choppy.

So yeah, Xbox will probably have the better console by the end of next year, but how many people are actually going to buy into it? I doubt Xbox will even be able to double their console sales with this new one. But obviously I hope the best for both PS4 Pro and Xbox Scorpio because more power is better for all gamers! At least in the future it is!
I think 4k is still a bit stupid in the console side of things... people really want 60fps 1080p on console..


nathan is a mexican!!

Post Reply

Return to “Xbox”