XBOX Scorpio

Have something to say related to the Xbox then post it here.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The new XBOX Scorpio will be at least 4x as fast as the current XBONE. And it will be fully compatible with all the games.
To make VR possible the TFlops count had to be much higher. With 6TFlops they will equal decent gaming PC's and also outpace the new PS4 Neo (4.4Tflops)

This will also end the struggle to get good FPS in Full HD in most games.

Good move from M$ :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

I got in quick and sold my Xbox One a few weeks ago before the price drops as it surely will as this gets closer to release. :D
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bezrider wrote:I got in quick and sold my Xbox One a few weeks ago before the price drops as it surely will as this gets closer to release. :D
Good timing. The new one will be better in every aspect. :occasion-snowman:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

This isn't going to be a new console, it's going to be a plug-in hardware expansion for the One. Microsoft spent far too much money on the One's development to drop it 3 years after release.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Just a plug in? For 6Tflops you need some serious graphics power. Maybe it will be some kind of CF setup, who knows.

Here is the full article

http://www.windowscentral.com/week-xbox-may-29th-2016
Microsoft are working on an all-new Xbox One update, codenamed Scorpio. The new console will have upgraded specs that could feature anywhere up to 6 TFlops of computational power, putting it far ahead of the rumored PS4.5 'Neo.' It will reportedly support 4K gaming natively, as well as VR headsets like the Oculus Rift. Kotaku also claims that Microsoft are working to expand their partnership with Facebook's Oculus Rift, beyond the bundling of Xbox One controllers as we've seen previously.

Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:Just a plug in? For 6Tflops you need some serious graphics power. Maybe it will be some kind of CF setup, who knows.

Here is the full article

http://www.windowscentral.com/week-xbox-may-29th-2016
Microsoft are working on an all-new Xbox One update, codenamed Scorpio. The new console will have upgraded specs that could feature anywhere up to 6 TFlops of computational power, putting it far ahead of the rumored PS4.5 'Neo.' It will reportedly support 4K gaming natively, as well as VR headsets like the Oculus Rift. Kotaku also claims that Microsoft are working to expand their partnership with Facebook's Oculus Rift, beyond the bundling of Xbox One controllers as we've seen previously.
Yea, I'm not sure the specifics but it's guaranteed at this point that the One isn't going anywhere soon. It's much cheaper for M$ to upgrade the One than start fresh, at least at this point in time. After the pile of money they made off the 8 year lifecycle of the old consoles, you can bet M$ is going to drag out the one for as long as possible.
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

New Xbox One S
p6140447.jpg
p6140448.jpg
Image Image
grooks10
Mechanic
Mechanic

So with this new Xbox coming out, the price of the old Xbox is already dropping. So Bez, you were totally right! My friend is now buying an Xbox with two games bundled with it for $280. That's a freaking steal!
XBOXONE: hooksie54
German Auto Club Executive (Secretary)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

grooks10 wrote:So with this new Xbox coming out, the price of the old Xbox is already dropping. So Bez, you were totally right! My friend is now buying an Xbox with two games bundled with it for $280. That's a freaking steal!
Yes got in at the right time I think :2thumbsup:
But with a lot of new stuff now coming out on Xbox and PC like Horizon 3 I'm not sure I will buy the next Xbox but never say never. ;)
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Don't forget that the new Xbox games will run on the "old" XB1, but will look a lot better with higher Fps on the "Scorpio" :ugeek:

And with PC (W10) support for XB games it might become a complete different ballgame. :party:

Return to “Xbox”