XBox 360 Patches Free

Have something to say related to the Xbox then post it here.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Microsoft has decided to stop asking a fee for small updates :loll:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... -360-games" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Did someone release laughing gas in the offices there? :mrgreen:

:eeek:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
eaustinn36
Mechanic
Mechanic

Well, free to the companies, doesn't affect us much. When I first saw this thread I thought that is was saying it was free now for us, in which it always was.
TDU2: eaustinn36 (xbox360)
Club: German Auto Club - Founder
Current Rank: 1st - no mods/hacks/cheats
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

eaustinn36 wrote:Well, free to the companies, doesn't affect us much. When I first saw this thread I thought that is was saying it was free now for us, in which it always was.
Yes, but one of the reasons the XBox didnt get patches for TDU2 sooner, was because of the fee they had to pay every time. Some say it was 10.000-25.000$ every time. I asked GMDestra about that once. He was one of the few cool people from Atari that actually gave some useful information and probably got axed because of that, or left because he didn't agree with their customer policy.

The original motivation from MS was that it would encourage developers to deliver bug free software. :loll:
Smaller development companies were complaining about the steep price tag or didn't bother to update their games.
Bigger updates or DLC will still be charged for. This is only for smaller patches.

I don't know if they will have a similar policy towards the XBOX ONE.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

This seems like a step in the right direction and can only be a good thing for us players as it should mean quicker and more frequent updates rather than the companies waiting till they had enough content to justify the cost of the patch. :naughty:
Image Image

Return to “Xbox”