XBox ONE Controller on PC

Have something to say related to the Xbox then post it here.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bear304 wrote:
If you want to use an Xbox 360 Controller with your PC, you can use an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows. Or, you can use an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller together with an Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows.
Silly answer... :facepalm:
Yes, they kick in so many open doors that you don't need windows anymore, :lol:

The X360 controller should not be in that answer at all. Only confusing.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Just bought the Xbox One controller, and DL'ed the pc driver for it of MajorNelson.com

Overall / first conclusion:
It feels really good, it lives up to all the hype about it. But it also feels alittle cheaply to the touch vs. the XB 360, granted it could just be because of the huge weight difference... Anyway i had to put some used batteries in it, even-though i really didn't need to, as it runs of the micro-usb, but to make it more heavy in the hands and not feel as light and flimsy as it do without the batteries weighing it down imo.

I have yet to try out the rumble triggers, but in TDU2 the main vibrators felt good ;)

And lol .. it doesn't even come with its own USB cabel... Buuuut i have a million and a half of those micro-usb cables anyway :mrgreen:

But M$ i need a wireless receiver for it ASAP :angry-tappingfoot:
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Okay so i was curious about the weight of the controllers, the old XB 360 feels heavier than the new XB1, but in reality the XB1 is 17 g heavier, and in the hands it feels lighter :mrgreen:

XB360 = 266 g
XB1 = 283 g

Another thing to note is the sticks on the XB1, they are smaller than the old one, and has an "almost sandpaper texture" on the sides, alittle uncomfortable for my big thumps, but a set of rubber heads on the sticks made it feel alot better.

A side note is that the trigger buttons (those right above the triggers themselves), they are not natural to press as on the old controller, could become annoying when looking behind myself in racing games, and on my controller the left button seems to stick more than the right one... But thats being picky about it ;)

And lastly the new design upgrades to the layout of the controller is much more comfortable than the old XB 360, which when using for hours made right index finger go numb, so all in all a really great controller that fits in the hand nicely. 8-)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Thanks for the info on the controller, I've always preferred the Xbox controller over the PlayStation one anyway. :gaming:
Image Image

Return to “Xbox”