Talk about your gaming hardware:
All platforms:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

4K Gaming

With the next generation monitors getting affordable at 4K, will you make the transition?

4x the resolution of Full HD gaming seems to be the new standard for monitors.
The so called "next" gen game consoles are 1080p optimized however. And to play at a fluent 60fps at 4K or UHD you will need 2x GTX780TI or similar in your game PC.

I have seen a Samsung 28" popup in a few shops the last couple of months and even if it is a TN screen, the test results are very promising. And with a pricetag of around 600€ it is just above the 27" 1440p screens average.
Also games played at 1080p will scale very well on screens like this as it is just 4x the resolution, so no "clever" scaling is needed.

http://www.samsung.com/levant/consumer/ ... 8D590DS/ZN" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

An interesting development. 8-)

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

My 24" Hp monitor is getting a bit old now so I would love to upgrade to one of these 4K beasties but even though the price is dropping whet you take into account the fact that to get the full use out of it you will need to add the cost of some hefty graphics card then it's still a price to high for me to consider at the moment.

At the moment I play all my games at 1900x 1200 (that's the native res on my HP monitor) but my two GTX 450's are starting to struggle now even though they both have 2gig of ram so I think at the moment my money is best spent on upgrading these and then look at upgrading the monitor a few months down the line. :D
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Maybe starting off with a nice GTX780 is the way to go.

Probably also very well suited to play The Crew at max spec as that is the card they mentioned at the test and also give away as a prize in the Route 909 Contest 8-)

:party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Yea the cheapest one I can find in the UK is £360 :eeek:
I think it's time to put some old Tec I have laying around on eBay :D
Image Image

Return to “Gaming Gear”