Talk about your gaming hardware:
All platforms:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel

it is the best wheel compatible with the XB1 right now and also compatible for use with PC.

According to Darin Gangi from Inside SimRacing it is almost as good as a T500, which is awesome.

Pedals look a bit simple and cheap, but there are a lot of alternatives for that. In fact the whole wheel is moddable with other Thrustmaster wheels and pedal sets.
When you want to buy a good and "affordable" wheel, i think this one is hard to beat right now.

[BBvideo 640,360][/BBvideo]

:auto-swerve:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Nice wheel but like the he says in the video review the pedals are a big let down so until this is available without the peddles it's a no from me. :(
Image Image
Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

i like Darins reviews but i think pedals spoil this good package i will stick with G27 with clubby pedals plus my sim dash fits on top of G27 just nicely
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It has indeed a bit of a toy-ish factor with the wheel made from plastic and the pedals as a simple solution. In addidion to that i just saw that the T500RS is only 80€ more expensive over here, making that choice simple. But if you have an XB1 it is a different story.

If the wheef FFB is almost as good as a T500RS, it is an excellent wheel for that price. Better than a G27. And i would always get a different pedal set. Maybe the one shown in the video or even a CSR Elite set with load cell.

:character-blues:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

MadManCK wrote:Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel

it is the best wheel compatible with the XB1 right now and also compatible for use with PC.

According to Darin Gangi from Inside SimRacing it is almost as good as a T500, which is awesome.

Pedals look a bit simple and cheap, but there are a lot of alternatives for that. In fact the whole wheel is moddable with other Thrustmaster wheels and pedal sets.
When you want to buy a good and "affordable" wheel, i think this one is hard to beat right now.

they have other pedals and shifters but looking at the reviews on newegg click me this one is a no buy for me
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Crikey, those reviews are not very assuring. :eeek:

I guess only the wheelbase is good. And if you own a XB1 it is probably the only reasonable choice right now.

For PC users the T500RS is the better choice anyway. 8-)

Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

I agree if have XB1 it would be best way to go better than having no wheel at all plus it will have alot of add-ons later on not sure how good they will be but gotta be better than Xbox controller
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It does look good. Around 350$ on Amazon.

Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Well I gave in and spent the money I made selling my old Tec on eBay and bought one of these wheels, despite the pedals. :o

I've only tested it on the Xbox One so far and I'm impressed, yes the pedals aren't ideal but they aren't as bad as I was expecting.
As for the wheel it easily makes up for this with it's smooth control and epic force feedback (what ever you do don't turn it on full it will rip your arms off :lol: )
Can't wait to test it on PC :D
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, that wheelbase is very good. According to some on par with the T500, but much smaller in size. It makes it better looking as well.

And if you want another rim, there is the 458GT rim for the T500 that fits on the TX as well.
Pedals can always be upgraded to 3 pedal sets. Shifter can be plugged in. Maybe you can even install a load cell mod for the brakes.

But right now, it is the most sensible choice for the XB1. And The Crew will be fully optimized for that wheel as there even is a special version of The Crew, bundled with that wheel :lol:

So, now we will see some improved laptimes? :whistle:

Return to “Gaming Gear”