Nvidia Shield

Talk about your gaming hardware:
All platforms:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

This device seems to be a very nice piece of kit. It can stream games from your PC, play android games and play games, rendered on supercomputers in the Nvidia Cloud.
How many games can you handle :eeek:

I already have a Steam Link and an Nvidia Shield Tablet, that both work up to 1080p. But 4K is the next level :mrgreen:

But it can do more than just stream games.
NVIDIA SHIELD is an amazing Ultra HD streaming media player, delivering incredible resolution in favorite apps like Netflix* 4K and YouTube 4K, YouTube, KODI (XBMC), and PLEX. Vivid 10-bit color and rich Dolby 7.1 surround sound** make this a true home theater experience. Or plug your headphones into your SHIELD controller or SHIELD remote for a private listening experience.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Like I said in the other post it is nice but also a bit pricy plus you are tied to using the NVidia accessories as I don't think others are compatible (may be wrong on this :? )
As my 4K TV has Android built in I already have access to a vast array of apps on my TV including YouTube and Kodi plus it will even play Ps3 games even though I don't have a Ps3. :o
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

The Shield comes with both controller and remote. They use bluetooth.

But it does support other control devices as well. PS3 controllers (wired and wireless) and Xbox360 controller (wired)

As you already have most apps built in your TV, the Steam link will do just fine. And it is focused on Steam games alone.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang

Return to “Gaming Gear”