Talk about your gaming hardware:
All platforms:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Nvidia Shield

With the upcoming new cloud console, the well known Shield Tablets get an Ultimate Bundle.
The controller and cover are now included for a limited time offer and also 3 free games through Steam.

This 8" tablet is without any doubt the best small gaming tablet on the market, with a K1 (Kepler based) chip and 1980x1200 resolution. it can stream games from your gaming PC (Nvidia Experience Stream) in 720p/30fps over WiFi or you can play Android Games from the Nvidia store that are optimized for use with controller. You can hook it on to your TV and use it as a media centre and gaming console.

I like it. Can be a nice travel companion as well.
And with the cover and controller included it looks like a nice deal to me as well

http://shield.nvidia.co.uk/ultimate-shield-bundle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Alvin
Rookie
Rookie

I knew it was shield!

If it gets a good bundle or a discount I might get it..

Still better than the razer tablet.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

I just got my Shield tablet as an early birthday gift, including the controller and sleeve. Very nice package.

You can play games on it 3 ways

- Dedicated Android games
- Stream games from your game PC through Gforce Experience
- Use the Nvidia Cloud Computer

So basically a limitless amount of games.
Format is with 8" very nice. Better to handle than the 10" i used before with my Transformer.
The stylus works very good as well. Screen res is 1080x1200, very sharp.
It has a glossy glass panel so you do get some reflections, other than that the sharpness and brightness are very good.

For the rest is has Kitkat on it, so all the Android features are there. 8-)

It has all the necessary connections, including a microHDMI, so you can hook it up to a TV or beemer.
Very nice little device. :party:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Cool 8-)

Hope it is worth it, and is just as good to use on non-gaming related app's ;)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Sounds like a nice bit of kit especially the part about hooking it up to your TV. :2thumbsup:
Image Image
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, you can use it as alternative for a gaming console. Especially with that cloud computing and streaming option.
I already grabbed an HDMI cable for it. The controller is very advanced too. Has a mic and headphone connectors.

It is also good to see Steam and Nvidia to join forces. The amount of serious games that can be played through Android was a pleasant surprise. The time that you could only play angry birds has long gone. :lol:

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

NVidia Grid Cloud Gaming will support 1080p at 60 FPS. If your connection can handle that, it will provide smooth game play over the internet.
You will only need to have a supporting Grid device (Shield) with controller (and a big screen TV) to play games.

And there are already a lot of supported games running.
It won't be long before you can buy a TV with built in Shield support. The use of a separate console or high end Game PC will become obsolete. As all games will be rendered in max settings in the cloud on Super PC's.

There is of course still the issue of input lag from the controllers. And internet stability and speed have to be upgraded as well.

Right now you can also use your own game PC to stream games to your shield device. So you can either play those demanding PC games on your tablet, or hook your tablet to a big screen TV and use it as a console.
Your controller works wireless through WiFi and is of high quality.

MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

They aim for 4K entertainment. :shock:

Will be a while before you can stream that over the web in acceptable rates.

The Shield Android TV will become reality soon®
Like expected. The shield device can become a center of your activities.

http://shield.nvidia.co.uk/android-tv

[bbvideo=640,360]http://www.ustream.tv/embed/20116659?[/bbvideo]

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

That cool, you're going to need a fast internet connection to stream it ;)

Well if you watch HBO's 'Silicon Valley' the tv-series then they have already made it possible to stream 4K :lol:
Last edited by Beardroid91 on Tue May 19, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Yes, but they aim at 60fps, 30bit and 4K in H265.

Epic little device. My shield tablet already supports their Grid gaming platform up to 1080p60.
Just imagine having a shield device built into your TV set. That will be the next step.

All you will need than is a controller and a (big) screen to play every game in the best possible resolutions with every detail on.
The rendering will take place in the cloud and the game will be streamed to your TV like a video.

Only disadvantage so far is the input lag, as the controller signal has to be processed in the cloud as well. 8-)

Return to “Gaming Gear”