Logitech G29 Driving Force™

Talk about your gaming hardware:
All platforms:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Logitech finally comes with some new wheels, including the G29, the G27 sucessor. Long time it looked like they abandoned the steering wheel market. A bad decision IMO. But finally somebody is awake at Logitech. Their wheels always had a very good reputation and quality.
There are 2 new wheels, the G29 for PC and Playstation and the G920 for the Xbox and PC.
Pricetag in EU will be 399€, that is 100€ above the current G27 :?
Shifter will be optional and separately sold for 60€

If they perform as good as they look, it will be the return of Logitech to the "popular-enthusiast" wheel market. ;)
:auto-swerve:
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

Leave it to Logitech to release a wheel when I'm broke and got my G27 a month ago, rofl
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Compared to the G27 it is pretty expensive.

400 for the wheel +60 for the shifter. That is T500RS territory. And i see it more as a competitor to the TX1 and T300 from Thrustmaster. Or a Fanatec Porsche GT2 wheel.

It depends on what the shops will charge for it. But i'm looking forward to the first tests. Can't be too bad. And especially the G29 looks cool.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Fulysic
Mechanic
Mechanic

yeah this ones not for me don't like the look and rather safe extra get CSW 2
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

It is more an evolution than a revolution of the G27, according to Darin.
Also it is incompatible with The Crew.

The G29 has all the functionality on the wheel, which is nice. But most definitely not the compatibility the G27 had.

From my POV way too expensive. :twocents-02cents:

Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

I'm sure it's a godsend for PS4 owners and I may someday pick up the G930 or whatever they're calling the Xbone version, but for PC I'm going to stick to my G27 for a while.
Moominpappa
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Now here is G29 sold by 170€ and I think that I'll "upgrade" my Logitech Driving Force GT wheel to G29. The price is without gear shifter but I try the wheel first without it - or should I pay extra 60€ for gear shifter immediately? I play only the Crew so I don't have sim racing games now.
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

That price has come down quickly. :o

For some games it can be useful to have a gated shifter. It all depends on personal preference.
The shifter was always a bit toy like in the G25/27. And from the looks of it, it has not change that much.
A complete set gives more options though and it might be useful on occasion.

Maybe read some reviews of the shifter, or ask players who use it. :idea:

Moominpappa
Learner Driver
Learner Driver

Nitro button didn't work properly so I went my wheel back to store and they asked for Logitech what to do - I got new wheel after one week. :rightthumbup:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Logitech is known for their warranty.

Fanatec as well, despite some internet trolling stating different. When i pressed my Nitro button completely numb
(wonder why... :think: ) they replaced my complete wheel for a brand new (Porsche 918 replica) one. Those wheels alone are 500€ worth.

The jetons that are used are military grade, so they should last. But i guess nobody anticipated for The Crew... :loll:

Return to “Gaming Gear”