MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Xbox Elite Wireless Controller
Worth the 150$ ?

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/acce ... controller

IMO way overpriced . There are enough quality controllers for around 60$, which is expensive already.
What do you think?
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Image Eden Games Can Kiss My Mustang
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I saw that Microsoft has showed their new Xbox One Elite pro-grade controller for Xbox One and Win 10, and i knew i just have to have it now. :D

It is a total refresh of the XB1 controller, the Elite brings customizability as you can change alot of bottoms out for different ones 8-)

For more info check out this link to Microsoft's page of the XB1 Elite controller
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/acce ... controller

And to answer Mad's doubts, then the controller will no doubt be worth it, if they make it as strong as the rest of the MS XB controllers ;)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:Xbox Elite Wireless Controller
Worth the 150$ ?

IMO way overpriced . There are enough quality controllers for around 60$, which is expensive already.
What do you think?
Exactly how much did you pay for your racing wheels... ? :lol:
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Hahaha :lol:

I don't really think you can compare those. But point taken. It must be the most expensive controller to date.

I need a replacement for my MS 360 wireless. After years of torture it finally starts to wear down. If the new one has similar quality it might be worth the try.
PC Player Image TDU, GRID, Assetto Corsa, pCars, NCG, The Crew, Dirt, Forza: MadManCK Clubs: TDU2: Luny's Fair Friends (VP-Exec), GRID AS: TDUDT (Pres) DT-Racing Team: Team Leader

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:I don't really think you can compare those. But point taken. It must be the most expensive controller to date.

Why not, they are both the best at what they do, and they made of aluminium parts, so i think they might be about the same value if you compare them for what they are.
MadManCK wrote:I need a replacement for my MS 360 wireless. After years of torture it finally starts to wear down. If the new one has similar quality it might be woorth the try.
My MS XB 360 is getting abit worn as the left stick has some play, but i still does the job just fine, but i really wouldn't mind getting that controller, i guess i could sell the G27 wheel as i never use it anyway it is just collecting dust on the shelf which is abit of a shame. The G27's wheel was always to small imo. so i never fully enjoyed playing with it.

Btw Microsoft makes the best gaming controllers for the Xbox, i should know, i have had lots of expensive but terrible controllers like the Razer Onza (died after 25 days) and the Sabertooth which just couldn't be use for racing games as the throttle bottoms was all of nothing.

The Thrustmaster GPX was good, but it also died, and the damn MS XB 360 wireless is only now beginning to show it's 3-4 year age, it lasted though the TDU2 era while many others got became scared for life. :lol:

Plus i like the upgradeability of the XB1 Elite, and those paddles under it will be a wellcome addition :)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Its a very nice controller at a very scary price, I would love one but will never pay that much for an Xbox controller. :snooty:
Image Image
Prepsi
Mechanic
Mechanic

This is a competitor to the Scuf controllers typically used in MLG First Person Shooter tournaments which normally run for about $200, so it's actually a reasonable price.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Here is a more in-dept review of the XB1 Elite controller ;)

I'm very tempted to sell my G27 racing wheel as i never use it anyway and it still holds a good used value, should be over 125 Dollars. If i did sell it then i would have a nice boost toward the 150 Dollar asking price, and i have seen some places that have it for sell as preorder for 5-10 Dollars less. (When i do find a need for a racing wheel then i will have the option to buy a never wheel that is up to date, as my G27 is a 3-4 years old now, and i have barely used it, as i never liked that tiny wheel rim and i also could not spare the room to have it set up.)

I know it is a very expensive buy to get this controller, but i think i could benefit alot from having this controller vs. my old XB360 wireless which is on its last legs, as the left stick is worn so it has quite abit of play in the stick, which is no good for hitting the perfect apex in a racing game.

So should i preorder it now or wait and risk it being more expensive than it is now, as tech stuff always finds a way to be more expensive than the listed price. :think:

But it seems that they have made the already strong XB1 controller into a steel tank of a controller.

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I have thought long and hard about this, and now i have preordered the the XB1 elite controller, as i needed a new Xbox controller as the old XB360 wireless is getting old and not as good as it used to be, and while i have bought many controllers in the past that where utter crap i feel it would be worth it just buying one good one, especially one that have been designed to be used hard by pro gamers ;)

The estimated delivery says 5th of September so guess i'll get mine soon after 8-)
MadManCK
Admin
Admin
Champion
Champion

Bear304 wrote:
When i do find a need for a racing wheel then i will have the option to buy a never wheel that is up to date, as my G27 is a 3-4 years old now, and i have barely used it, as i never liked that tiny wheel rim and i also could not spare the room to have it set up.
You can mod the G27 with a bigger rim. There are a lot of options to customize your G27. It is no real comparison to a controller. For driving games i will always use a wheel.
And the G27 is supported by probably every driving game in the World.

But this XB1 Elite looks awesome. Expensive too. I just recently bought another simple X360 wireless, as my previous one was almost indestructable and lasted for years.
But maybe i'll grab one of these myself. Most important is that games support it.

Looking forward to your review. :party:

Return to “Gaming Gear”