Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

Talk about your gaming hardware:
All platforms:
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

MadManCK wrote:You can mod the G27 with a bigger rim. There are a lot of options to customize your G27. It is no real comparison to a controller. For driving games i will always use a wheel.
And the G27 is supported by probably every driving game in the World.

Looking forward to your review. :party:
Hmm yeah i guess i could find i way modify the wheel rim, but i would still have the constant issue of not having space enough to mount it for longer that a few hours at a time, but you are right - i should use it more than i do.

You and me both, i can't wait to get my hands on this new controller, i think i may of gotten a very good deal on it, as i only paid 146 US for it, and it no doubt be 10-15 dollars more expensive over here in Europe.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I know i said i would get the XB1 Elite controller, but i have been second guessing the decision for months now, and i have come to then conclusion that i'll wait to get it, as it is so expensive, it would be crazy buying into it blind, i need to know what the reviewers think of it before i'll make any further action towards getting it.

As it is now the controller is said to arrive at the stores today the 16th, but i have just cancelled that order.

Besides there is also the question of whether or not the software for the controller would work on any think else than Win 10 that needs to be confirmed as well. Also Microsoft have made a wireless USB receiver the XB1 controller for using the controllers wirelessly on windows, you had to use a cable before.

And the last reason is that i don't want to spend that much on a stuff i'll rarely use, as i hardly use my XB 360 controller much of late as i play alot of World of Warships so i might be better of buying a new XB 360 wireless controller that is 4 times cheaper. Time will tell if i buy a new XB 360 or just stick with the old XB 360 i have now, it is has with play the left stick but other than that it works fine.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I found a "new" half a year old XB1 Elite controler for 95 euro, now i just trying to get the seller to pay the shipping, and then i would have a beast of a controller.

But i would need the PC wireless adapter and the Play'nCharge battery, around 65 euros more.

But he said he had the retail box and the controller was like new, and it is the Elite controller which is made like a tank, so it should be in perfect condition.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

I bought the XB1 Elite controller, and it is in transit now so i'll get to try it tomorrow 8-)
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

The Elite controller is nice play with, it is buttery smooth in its controls, it feels premium i haven't played around with the software yet, but the previous owner had a normal and a FPS sensor map saved on the controller i actually don't think i need to adjust it.

No i just need the wireless adapter and the batter pack for it, but they are backordered at the moment.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

The Elite controller felt and was amazing but then i started to noticed that he left stick has a lot of play in it when, and then i went online and found out it is a common issue with the sticks on the XB1 Elite controllers, so now i'm very upset and as the controller is still under warranty i'll take it GameStop and have them look at it and possibly giving be a new one, as stick issue was a production error. If it was the right stick then i wouldn't care so much - but as it is the left stick and need to play racing game they it is a deadblow, as the deadzone is messed up.

So the honeymoon is over for me and the controller. :( Now i just hope the GameStop has good enough customer service to take it back when it is 6 months old, but i guess we'll see about it tomorrow, hopefully they'll give me a new Elite controller.

This the exact issues my controller has just with the left stick instead. :(

Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Just came back from GameStop, the store manager didn't think it was a defect, but he was willing to send it in for repair, hopefully M$ will dish out a new controller for me, so now i only have the box and the controllers buttons, and a GameStop repair slip, though i think i they just say F it and give me a new one :) One could hope 8-)

Some i'm back on the old Xbone controller, while the Bentley gets fixed ;)
Bez
Global Mod
Global Mod
Drift King
Drift King

Bear304 wrote:Just came back from GameStop, the store manager didn't think it was a defect, but he was willing to send it in for repair, hopefully M$ will dish out a new controller for me, so now i only have the box and the controllers buttons, and a GameStop repair slip, though i think i they just say F it and give me a new one :) One could hope 8-)

Some i'm back on the old Xbone controller, while the Bentley gets fixed ;)
I hope you get a new one but don't get your hopes up if they can just pop out the faulty part and replace it with a new one then that's what they will probably do. :cry:
I sent my Galaxy Tab S off under warranty a few weeks ago because it just died on me and rather than give me a new one they replaced the whole motherboard and sent the same one back. :shock:
Image Image
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

Bezrider wrote: I hope you get a new one but don't get your hopes up if they can just pop out the faulty part and replace it with a new one then that's what they will probably do. :cry:
I sent my Galaxy Tab S off under warranty a few weeks ago because it just died on me and rather than give me a new one they replaced the whole motherboard and sent the same one back. :shock:
True, but there is no screw holes to take it apart as on it, they would need to take the rubber grips off and then they have ruined it that so it would be easier just to ship a new one.
Beardroid91
Hot Wheels
Hot Wheels

GameStop called today to say they had shipped it out, apparently they needed to get the shipping from Microsoft and then UPS was to pick it up, so that's a week gone before they actually sent it, now i just hope Microsofts repair center is kind to me and sends a brand new of the line controller back to me - atleast so i hope ;)

But i really miss it already after only having used it for 3 days - it was that nice to use, and the old XB360 controller is terrible compared to it.

Return to “Gaming Gear”